Thread: Newbie from Canada

Default Newbie from Canada

Hi all... John Mac from Collingwood, Ontario, Canada!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collingwood,_Ontario

this is old 1850's town- lots of hertiage stuff up here- but no ghost towns in the area!!

been sand bagging on your site for over 6 months. A real great site!

Went to Az last March for a 6 day holiday with the wife and son to visit the parent-in-laws downs there as they reside in Mesa for 5 winter months of the year.( first holiday in 15 years)

Love your state!!!!! first couple of days we travelled!!! Grand Canyon one day- next to Tucson and Tombstone. Then off to Tortilla Flats and out about. Wished we had more time to explore more areas!!!

that will come in due time as we really like the area- now we know why the in-laws disappear to down there!!!!
    so we are planning in the next 10- years or so to make it our winter retreat as well!!!

We have lived up here all our lives in the snow belt of the country- summers are nice, winters can be hard and cold. We live in a tourist area- winter- snowmobiling, cross country ski/snow shoeing and down hill skiing. Summers- we have the worlds longest fresh water beach here, hiking, mountain biking and my favorite- cruising in my muscle cars!!!

back your site- found it when I got back and was surfing the Goggle earth of AZ, started to find tidbits of places down by Tombstone that are long gone and trying to find any info on then I found your site!!!

The knowledge and pics are aw some from here- also feel Like I'm there!!

So in closing-Azbang, Bob, vulture and Mr Dwinslow- keep up the great pics and info.
    Dwinslow- you had insight and the smarts to take all these Photographs- by now most of these buildings are just a memory and a pile of sticks and rocks!! keep up the great work guys!!!

John Mac
    Ontariodreamer

dwinslow is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Ontariodreamer View Post
    So in closing-Azbang, Bob, vulture and Mr Dwinslow- keep up the great pics and info.
    Dwinslow- you had insight and the smarts to take all these Photographs- by now most of these buildings are just a memory and a pile of sticks and rocks!! keep up the great work guys!!!

John Mac
    Ontariodreamer
    Thanks John. Check back often as I try and put new stuff on here every other day or so.
    Don Winslow
    Glendora, California
    Ghost Town Web site:http://www.donwinslow.net/Ghost%20Towns.html

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

And welcome to the forum!!!

thanks guys for warm welcome!!!!!
    there's not much up this way as to a ghost town- too much snow, rain and rust up here for anything to survive in this climate!!!!!! lol

Our desire is to maybe semi retire and winter like most to Az as we love the area, people and the warmth!!!!

John Mac

Thread Information