Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everything lost

Angry Everything lost

Well, http://www.topix.com/forum/city/hesp...9F1M2#lastPost
    have a read :-)
    I am on Holiday in California.As my Doc ordered losing Weight bought i Rucksack,Tent,Sleepingbag and everything i need for a Walk from Barstow to Indio and,ha,ha,
    No Rucksack in the Bus when i arrived with Greyhound.
    I had to buy everything new.
    Never,with Medication got i the Blood Sugar Level under 12.Now,after few Weeks walking is the Level without Medication around 09.00Am at 9,and at 03.00Pm around 7,6
    The Medication is ls lost with my Bag,and just a Emergency Medication was left i had in my Handbag.
    Now,as it snowed had i to turn around and i decided to head the Route 66 down to LA to get the Amtrak to Chicago.
    Well,2day went i at Afternoon to the IHOP in Hesperia at Main Street/Route66 for Pancakes and Internet to find the Email with the Reservations Number from Amtrak.I had the Tent build up behind the Gravel Parking next to Shell Gas Station,and,well,- It's gone!
    Someone told me a Enforcement Officer of the Council.
    So,Has anyone any Idea how i get that back,or is it anywhy already destroyed?
    All my Clothes,3 Cell Phones,Documents,Expensive Camera with Tele,Sheepskin Jacket,Tent,Rucksack,Handbag,M edication,Films,Memorycards.
    Well,I have to stay till 17th Feb when i have my Fly back home.
    BRRRRRRR just in a T-Shirt in Chicago

dwinslow is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

From what I can understand, you put up your tent and left all your stuff in it while you went to the I-Hop. I think you were trying to refer to the Code Enforcement Officer for the City of Hesperia. They would be the department who would have confiscated your belongings. You should contact the City of Hesperia, Code Enforcement and explain what happened. They are probably holding your property and you should be able to recover it. The property would not be destroyed and would be held in the property room of the local Sheriff station. I'll see if I can get a phone number for you for the San Bernardino County Sheriff station in Hesperia. They are the law enforcement agency for that area.
    Don Winslow
    Glendora, California
    Ghost Town Web site:http://www.donwinslow.net/Ghost%20Towns.html

dwinslow is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Here is the the number for Code Enforcement - City of Hesperia:
    Code Enforcement
    11011 Santa Fe Ave. East
    Hesperia, CA 92345
    Phone: (760) 947-1343
    Fax: (760) 947-3042

And the San Bernardino County Sheriff:Hesperia Sheriff's Department[IMG]chrome://searchshield/content/safe.gif[/IMG]

9393 Santa Fe Avenue East, Hesperia -
    (760) 947-1500
    Last edited by dwinslow; 02-03-2010 at 09:25 PM.
    Don Winslow
    Glendora, California

And a final word.....
    Never leave your stuff unattended in a place that's accessible to the public or on private property without the permission of the owner. I can't believe you were really gonna walk from Barstow to Indio. That's 100 miles through a very hostile environment. Something just doesn't ring true here.
    Last edited by dwinslow; 02-03-2010 at 09:34 PM.
    Don Winslow
    Glendora, California

Thankyou for translating. I couldn't make heads or tales out of most of that. What I could sounded a little off to me too.

Tyroler, like Don already said, DON'T EVER, ANYWHERE, LEAVE YOUR STUFF UNATTENDED! If the cops don't get it, someone else will! There are lots of desperate people out there.

Good luck on your trip and I hope you get your stuff back.

Thanx.Well,got Snow in the Mountains and turned around as im not Fit enough to do that if Contitions that worse.
    When I just think how my Holiday started.
    Everything was fine from Beginning.
    It was Snowing,Cold,Wet.-Just disgusting enough to feel well in going to the South West USA on Holiday.
    I even went to the Airport the Evening before Departure and repacked my Bags,slept on the Terminal Floor behind the Seat Rows and was in Time at Check In.
    But when we arrived the Gate I realised that sometimes anything may go wrong. The Passenger for the Phoenix Fly,which shall have left four Hour earlier were still there as they couldn't get a Bus to go the Aircraft,which was already twice De-iced.
    So we waited another three Hour till they could go.
    But we were not served then.
    During waiting another two Hour were Security discussing why to do Security check on our Fly when he is anyway Cancelled. I heard that and told it some Business Class Passenger,who went straight high and called Airport Staff to a Meting. Now we were served immediately.
    But to load the Aircraft needed Ages as fifteen Passengers were missing. Then we were second in the Queue for De-Icing,and then run the Crew out of Duty
    Over Loudspeaker were we told our Fly were cancelled and the Director will come to talk with us.
    Well,he didn't come after he got told we knew since Hour's that our Fly is cancelled. Now he cancelled a Fly to middle east and put the Crew to our Fly,just,the Pilot couldn't do a Chicago Fly in there's Duty,why the Airline phoned all Pilots at Home up,if they could do the Job,which resulted that we had at last two Captains and a First Officer in the Cockpit.
    Anyway, after another De-Icing started we with 9Hour 45 Minutes delay.
    Luckily were the Greyhound from Chicago to LA cancelled,and I got put on the Noon bus,12 Hour after scheduled.
    Now,it's a long Way down to LA,and I rebooked my Ticket,the Driver did without long thinking about it. So he didn't the Bags,and when we arrived in Barstow I got a Suitcase put in front of my Feet,without that the Driver had checked the Label. As it wasn't mine got it back in Bus and we searched mine both Bags,but just found the small one.
    $350.- I paid for a new Emergency Kit,more then useless for that Time of Year,but Walmart hadn't a better one. To that comes two more Night in Hotel and two Extra Nights at KOA in Yermo.
    But then I headed towards Indio.
    I stood a Night at Bagdad Cafe in Newberry Springs,had a Nice Night Meal and a Breakfast,big that only a Family can eat it.
    I tried with the Result that everything fell out my Face at Noon. I was so sick after than, that I had to do Camp at Side of the Road and headed back Tuesday Noon to KOA for another fife nights.
    In that Time I decided to run the Route 66 down to San Bernadino as Snow cowered the mountains between Newberry Springs and Twenty Nine Palms.
    It was hard. Especially the First few Days. I needed two and a half Day to Silver Lakes,was Food wounded and the last few Hour without Drink or Food .Three Days I needed to recover.
    When I left,i found a Timetable of a Bus to Victorsville,came a retired Ex Marines and offered me a Lift. We left at 04.00Pm and it was 07.00Pm when he let me out the Car on a Campsite at Moyave Lakes,he found safe for me to stay there. 20.- costed the Night without Door in the Restroom,no shower and unfriendly Staff.
    So I left them and headed towards Route 66,a few Miles Westwards,i catched it the Noon of next day. I made it till Hesperia where my Wound Feet and Sunburn on my Shoulder brought me down for a rest. It was Monday 05.00Pm.Tuesday I just rested my Feet,and for Wednesday were Shower forcasted,but didn't do,why I decided to do another two/three Miles that Day,but when I returned to my tent it was gone with everything. Just two long Johns were left in the Dirt. Don't know what they were thinking with that.

Tyroler, did you call the numbers I gave you to get your stuff back? Where are you now and how are you getting on the internet?
    Don Winslow
    Glendora, California

No Publique Phone here.Lady from Shell Gas Station phoned and i wait for reply.I sent a Email and no Reply yet.Well,it's 10.15 Am and they may not start that early,and some Work may be more busy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by dwinslow View Post
    Here is the the number for Code Enforcement - City of Hesperia:
    Code Enforcement
    11011 Santa Fe Ave. East
    Hesperia, CA 92345
    Phone: (760) 947-1343
    Fax: (760) 947-3042

And the San Bernardino County Sheriff:Hesperia Sheriff's Department[IMG]chrome://searchshield/content/safe.gif[/IMG]

9393 Santa Fe Avenue East, Hesperia -
    (760) 947-1500
    He,thats the same Adress!
    I phoned yesterday straight away Police and Deputy Sheriff came,wrote everything down.Maybe a big Building,and the Enforcement Officer has a Tape you talk to.They ring then back,is said.

Thread Information