Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone NOT seen Avatar?

Default Has anyone else...not been thrilled with Avatar?

...once the excitement of viewing giant 3d space-monkeys wears off?

I haven't and I won't.

Sure, super special computer generated effects makes for some interesting eye candy, but I just don't have a thing for blue "people" with tails and wierd faces.

And I just don't have a thing for theater movies anyway. Last one I went to was Bourne Supremacy. Last show my wife and I saw together was Titanic. Give you an idea of how much we go to the theater? Usually wait for Pay Per View, last saw Shrek I and Shrek II. I thought those were pretty cute movies. Yeah, sounds hypocritical compared to a statement above ... maybe I like green "people" better than blue.

Now I don't have satellite. Just off the air from a translator on a big mountain north of town, with about 13 channels airing from it. As long as I can watch 60-Minutes and Law & Order, I'm happy as a clam. There's also a movie channel that is off the free TV, called THIS, out of Reno. Been playing all the old Eastwood/van Cleef sphagetti westerns during the last couple of weeks. Twisted and often strange (mainly due to the Italian interpretation of what was probably the romanticized West from L'Amor books), but great music and fun to relive my younger days seeing those in the movie theater when a couple of bucks would get you a cartoon, a movie, popcorn, a soda and a couple hours or more out of the hot, Mojave Desert sun.
    Last edited by David A. Wright; 02-11-2010 at 01:14 PM.
    David A. Wright
    Quote: "Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again!"

Vulture is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Haven't seen it. I'm waiting for the book to come out.

<
    "The good things a person needs-stubbornness, thinking for himself-don't make him a useful member of society. What makes him useful is to be half dead." Sylvan Hart

Tsarevna is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Thumbs down

If you've seen Pocahontas, you've already seen Avatar!

I do want to see it. Heard great things and I believe the Big Screen is the best venue. I just haven't been in years. I do own about three hundred and fifty DVD's and have a projector and 80" screen--with stereo at the cabin in idyllwild. When does it hit Amazon? Got Network in the mail today. So I may have a little lag time there.

NJ
    "I got four things to live by: Don't say nothing that will hurt anybody. Don't give advice--nobody will take it anyway. Don't complain. Don't explain." Death Valley Scotty Walter Scott 1872-1954

I haven't seen it, although friends tell me I should see it in 3-D.

If they ever come out with a GOOD movie about the Comstock (and not a cheesy movie with Virginia City as a setting), I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by shirohniichan View Post
    I haven't seen it, although friends tell me I should see it in 3-D.
    Yes, 3D in a theater. Only way to go with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by shirohniichan View Post
    If they ever come out with a GOOD movie about the Comstock (and not a cheesy movie with Virginia City as a setting), I'll be there.
    You and me too.

Thread Information