Thread: 30 Ghost Town sites in Sierra county

Default 30 Ghost Town sites in Sierra county

Sierra county New Mexico has more ghost town sites than any where in the US in one county as I have visited most of them and I am talking about true ghost towns where no one lives. Most you have to hike in to get there as even 4 wheel drive vehicles can't make it or a ORV. Many of you may have remembered me as Walkingsticks when I used to post on this forum a few years ago, but I had to re-register using another name and email address as the forum person wouldn't let me use my old name or email since I haven't posted anything in a few years. I have been too busy touring ghost towns all over New Mexico, Arizona and even Colorado plus visiting old forts, homesteads and mining camps, but have slowed down a bit now until spring.
    Many of the ghost towns here in my county are not even listed on the net and I was led to them by old timers and have a few photos. Some have left almost no trace while others have ruins or foundations or outlines of buildings or nothing but grave yards left. And many people will mislead people in to making you believe nothing is left when there is or its on private land when its on government land. But I have been there.

If you took some pictures, it would be nice to see what is left and maybe a narrative on what used to be there and why.

We enjoy the many places in Sierra county. We plan to go to Chloride and Hillsboro sometime in March if the weather improves. Want to find Danville, Andrews, and the single grave at the edge of Kingston. Have been to Hillsboro & Chloride before but am going back.
    Welcome back to the forum.
    40FORDJIM GHOSTTOWNER SINCE 1965

Sunrise is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

I look forward to your postings, especially regarding the AZ/NM border areas.

I really hate to pop your bubble but if you lk at Elko County, and maybe White Pine you will see many more sites in listed on this site. These are only sites listed. I do not know what county can boast that claim but only thirty sites is not any where near some of the areas totals. I would love to get to New Mexico and Arizona and do alot of exploring but at this time not possible. Oh yea welcome back.

Thread Information