Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three Creek, Idaho...where I grew up

Default Three Creek, Idaho...where I grew up

Hi Everyone,
    I was amazed that there is a site like this that actually documents the wonderful place where I grew up...Three Creek, Idaho. On our ranch, we did have an old store where there are all kinds of stories about the people and outlaws that visited. I used to love to adventure through it (although totally deserted and filled with creatures). We also had an old hotel next to our ranch house that my Great, Great Aunt Pearl used to run...another great adventure and play house! We sold the Seven Triangle Ranch at Three Creek in the 80's and at that time I was happy....now I miss the country so much. There is a lot of history behind Three Creek and my Mom is trying to document it as much as she can. If anyone out there has any story or documentation about Three Creek, I would love to hear from you.
    Betty Clark (daughter of George W "Bill" Clark)

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Welcome to the forum...hope you enjoy the site!!!

Vulture is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Glad you found us, welcome. Sure would be interesting to see any pictures of the old or new days of Three Creeks.

<
    "The good things a person needs-stubbornness, thinking for himself-don't make him a useful member of society. What makes him useful is to be half dead." Sylvan Hart

Welcome Betty - Please post some pictures of your families ranch, the old store and hotel. One thing we all appreciate are photos of the "good ole days"

campp is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Welcome Betty! Yes piccies are good, but we also love to hear first hand accounts such as yours. Feel free to post some musings.

Angry

Hi Betty,

I used to hunt antelope out in that area every year. I remember driving by your ranch and seeing the large operation.

On my trips, I would find a lot of relics such as homesteads, rusted metal items, etc. There were also a lot of arrowheads out there. It looked like the area had a lot of activity many years ago, but there is little activity now.

To be honest with you, I was fascinated by the whole area. The history of Murphy Hot Springs, Jarbidge, and Rogerson was fun to research. I also spent a lot of time near the Jarbidge River, fishing and site seeing.

I also spent some time in another area nearby: the Diamond A desert. There were tons of homesteads and relics there, also. I've tried to find history on the Cowan reservoir and homestead, but I can't seem to do so.

I wish I had a story or history to offer. I can tell you that I had a blast out there, and it's one really cool place if you like secluded, pristine desert. I wish you the best of luck in your research.

I would be interested in anything you find.

thanks!

Once again, "WELCOME"!! I too would love to see any pics of 3 Creek. I have heard of the place but never seen any pic's. I live in North Idaho and the local legend is that after Butch and Sundance robbed
    Winnemucca they ended up here near Murray and Eagle City Idaho and hid most of the gold coin from that robbery as it was to heavy to carry and they wanted (needed) paper money. So in the context of that story is all I have heard of 3 Creek. Love to hear more about the ranch and your family growing up in such an interesting place.

Default Three Creek Pix

Hi,

Just joined this forum, which my 91-yr-old cousin, Lowell Patrick, told me about, mostly for Lowell. While I do have pix of Three Creek that my cousin loaned me to scan, I am not sure how to post them... What I've been doing is digitally restoring his photos. Let me try and see if works. Wow! Hey, it worked! George and Lovenia Patrick were my great-grandparents. Their son, Clate, and Eva were Lowell Patrick's parents. Clate was murdered in 1928. Clate's sister, Callie, was my grandmother. Great Grandma Patrick's first name is spelled several different ways on official documents, but it's spelled Lovenia on her gravestone, so that is the spelling I have used for pictures and genealogy.

Name:  Clate&EvaPatrickRanch2.jpg
Views: 2264
Size:  96.1 KBName:  Clate&EvaWeddingDay2.jpg
Views: 1911
Size:  89.8 KBAttachment 6291

I really don't socialize much online, but did want to show you these pix.

Gail
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Very nice post, Gail...thank you for sharing the photos and welcome to the forum.

Great pictures and a wonderful post!

Thread Information