Thread: Camp Thurman, NV

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Camp Thurman, NV

My offroad club went to Camp Thurman, which was an attempt to dethrone Searchlight back around 1905. It died as quick as it formed like most camps do. Not much left today but some foundations as the site has been severly stripped since I last saw it years ago. We also hit up the Golden Rod mine which had plenty to see, went past the currently active Roman Mine which has been around since the early 1900's and finished the day up at the Yellowstone Mine bunkhouse for lunch.

"I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Sounds like all in all, it was a pretty good day.

Darn It Gary - I should have joined ya - I roamed that area in the late 40s arly 50s - knew some of the old timers back then - could have told ya and the gang some good stories. Anytime the group is heading down to Piute Valley or the Spirits - drop me an email - if I ain't doing a Best in the Desert Race or Widlife Federation Event me and the dog can probably tag along.
    Yet Another Bob

Jeez Gary, that's a motley crew you're traveling with!
    Goat
    -Refuse the blindfold, accept the cigarette, and have a laugh with the firing squad-

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I did some research on the area for the trail leader, then when on their pre run they went to Rosie's house and decided to tie it in for the club run and didn't tell me. I recalled as much as I could from memory about her and the people that lived there later from talking with you and my dad. I got most of it right

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Darn It Gary - I should have joined ya - I roamed that area in the late 40s arly 50s - knew some of the old timers back then - could have told ya and the gang some good stories. Anytime the group is heading down to Piute Valley or the Spirits - drop me an email - if I ain't doing a Best in the Desert Race or Widlife Federation Event me and the dog can probably tag along.
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

Just a bunch of people with a Jeep infection. Glad I got my shots when I was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    Jeez Gary, that's a motley crew you're traveling with!

Thread Information