Thread: Howdy, and my has this place changed! . . . (?)

Default Howdy, and my has this place changed! . . . (?)

Well, this ain't my first post here, but I have contributed to this site in the past, that's why I signed on with my 'real' name. Iff'n ya 'google' it, it'll take you to some parts of this site, basically some of the pics I have sent in. No, I am no Dolores Steele, hehe.

Obviously I have had this site in my 'favorites' for quite a while (pretty much since it's beginning), and the last time I sent in some pics was around 2001 or so. Fast forward to the present. Now it seems to me that most of the 'good' info about ghost towns on this site is disseminated through the forums, yes? I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't been able to find the 'submit' (for photos) button in my latest visits.

So, this old lurker to this site, who just came back to visit from '01 and now is seeing how y'all are doing it will stop and perhaps await any responses.

TIA,

teddyearp

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Welcome aboard and welcome back. The picture button you so desire is still here, just in a different spot. It's within the reply window next to the "insert link" button. Looking forward to seeing some of your pics and reading about your ghost towning adventures.

Why, thank ya, thank ya very much, lol. But I guess the method I used to use to submit the photos on Zeniff, Maverick and Alta no longer exist, and said new photos (and every other tidbit of info of a new or old ghost town) now seem to be only submitted to the forums?

TIA again.

Darin, thanks for the reply again. But I guess I wasn't clear enough with my question(s) about submissions and the overall handling of this site these days.

I guess I must have really submitted my few pics to this site before 2000 as IIRC I started visiting this site when it first started (1998 or earlier?). Back then, it seems as though there was a button on the main page to submit new ghost towns and/or pictures. So this is my clarified question. Since you guys started the forums section of this site, are all new submissions of ghost towns and/or pictures done through the forums? It almost seems obvious to me that this is the case, but just wanted to double check to see if I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance everyone.

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Welcome back Ted, I think the question you're asking is about submitting new information to
    Ghost Towns and History of the American West web site.
    As far as I know, Todd is still accepting submissions but the best bet would be to write to him directly at ghost@ghosttowns.com and ask him the proper procedure to submit your information and photos to the web site.
    This is copied and pasted directly from The Ghost Towns web site, telling you what to do if your email is sent back to you.
    WARNING: Ghosttowns.com employs the use of ASK (Anti-Spam-Killer). The first time you send us an email, it will not get to us. It will bounce back to you so watch for it. When it bounces back to you, it will tell you that you tried to send an email to us, but it didnt get there and that you need to reply to that email so we know it was really you that was sending the mail and not a spammer. Once you hit reply to the bounce back, you will be added to our whitelist and you will never have to do that again and you will be able to send email like normal. If you do not reply to the bounce back, we will never get your email. Thanks.
    Hope this helps....
    Last edited by LauraA; 05-31-2010 at 05:40 AM.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

picture submit is on the town submission page - here is the direct link

http://www.ghosttowns.com/cgi-bin/pics_submit.cgi

Thread Information