Thread: Locations of Michigan Ghost Towns

Default Locations of Michigan Ghost Towns

Hey, I have been trying to find a suitable ghost town in Michigan through search engines and family but I'm unable to come up with one that fits what I'm looking for.

I'm kind of a romantic, so I want to find a town that's completely abandoned, no one lives there, no restoration projects, no community events, nothing. The problem with this is, if no one even really knows about the place, why would it be well documented on the internet?

So I have come to you to help me find a place to go, preferably one that's safe to visit at night, but daytime hours would be fine as well. Any size is fine, as long as you can feel secluded, so a single building in downtown Detroit really isn't the type, but maybe a lumber mill or miner residence out in a forest somewhere could fit the bill. If you know of any place in Michigan, or maybe Northern Illinois or Ohio please let me know.

dwinslow is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Did you try the main page of this site and look under Michigan? http://ghosttowns.com/
    There's plenty of towns listed here by state so ya can check Ohio and Illinois also.
    Don Winslow
    Glendora, California
    Ghost Town Web site:http://www.donwinslow.net/Ghost%20Towns.html

Well, I had searched it before and the information given is mostly about directions and what exactly is left of the town, the info I need is if anything new is there, if it's private property, and if people regularly visit.\

So I did end up with two possible candidates within reasonable distance, Podunk and Glass River.

I kind of need to know if anyone lives in or around the areas, or if it's private property, and my ultimate goal is to kind of just show up and walk around without anyone else being around to bother me. I think it'd be pretty cool to be alone in a ghost town.

Just went to glass river last night. I found the cemetery, it is well cared for, manicured, and has a 4ft high locked fence. There is a sign and it was established in 1880. I want to find the general store, but couldn't. If anyone knows where the general store is that would be great. Thanks.

Thread Information