Thread: Is there any Ghost Towns in Toronto

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Is there any Ghost Towns in Toronto

Originally posted by Dwain

: I would like to know if there's any Ghost towns within the Toronto, Ontario region, I would really like to know. Thank you!!!

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Is there any Ghost Towns in Toronto

Originally posted by Ruth Friesen

: : I would like to know if there's any Ghost towns within the Toronto, Ontario region, I would really like to know. Thank you!!!

: I was just brousing to see if anyone referred to ghost towns in Canada on this site. I'm sorry but I gasped when I saw your subject line. As a Canadian, even though I haven't been in Toronto for over 16 years, I am able to tell you that Toronto is a huge HUGE city in the province of Ontario. It has several million people in it! It would be hard to hide a ghost town near the 12 lane 401 freeway!

: I live in Saskatchewan, a prairie province in the middle of Canada, and here folks are scattered more thinly. In fact, I just discovered moments ago that we are suppose to have ghost towns in this province. This surprises me - and yet it doesn't.

: The little village where I grew up as a child is only 7 miles from here, and I've never called it a ghost town, but I guess it is. There are only 2 farm residents left there. Two years ago my mother (before she died) was mentally confused and wanted desperately to go home to her parents. So we had to drive her up and down the road through Chortitz and prove to her over and over that the home and other neighbour buildings she remembered simply were not there anymore.

: Which brings me to another question I might ask. I've recently taken on a part-time job promoting a wilderness vacation spot in British Colombia, Canada. It is an area full of ghost towns, and my friends offer tours through the former silver mining town of Sandon. But now I have to do research. How and where do you promote ghost towns? What are the features to advertise, and where are the best places to advertise?

: Can anyone help me out with this one? Thanks!

: Ruth Friesen

Thread Information