Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preservation of the Ghost Towns and Mining Camps

What a great initiative! You would fit in well with The Ghost Town Project : an initiative that will bring ghost towns back to life, one building at a time. This passionate and engaging project will bring locals and experts together to rebuild and restore one landmark building in each location. As we uncover the intimate story of how and why a site was abandoned, we will also look to the future with our restoration team of historians, architects and conservationists.
    I am applying to participate in a unique development program called ideaboost. THE GHOST TOWN PROJECT must have a significant amount of BOOSTS to qualify. If you have the chance, you could BOOST our project by clicking on the link below and then on BOOST. They will ask you for your name and email address and to accept the conditions as well. And, of course, enjoy the video! And, please, tell me more about the places you are trying to preserve....
    http://ideaboost.ca/#project/the-ghost-town-project-2

I have noticed some interest in working on restoration or preservation projects. Some of you may not be aware but there are local, state, and regional organizations that are constantly looking for volunteers. Passport in time web site is one of many. Happy hunting, I check several sites monthly looking for new opportunities. I have always enjoyed the sessions and learned much.
    Visit Colorado Ghost Towns at http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com

No Sales pitch just plenty of photos and stories.

"I led a quieter life before I got hearing aids." Mike

Rocky

Yeah, I am hoping to shore up some of my local ghost towns next year, nothing major as to ruin the natural look of the places, but just enough to prevent collapse. Of course I still have to figure out the local laws and such, and it would be nice to put together some type of organization.
    Explore Forums Ghost Town and Mining Camp Forums

Create your own ghost town galleries, blogs, forums, discussion, and much more, free.

you guys are doing a great job!

so true ,to me do not give out locations on the web at any cost .of the 600 give or take ghost towns listed in nv. there are at least 1000 more not listed plus mining camps and railroad sidings and homesteads .these are blips on the radar for one year . i have been in touch with other ghost towners sharing places and in the end we all agreed to not give locations except for one person with a dog and one asshat that will agree with you and then write a book and put the location in it to make money . in the end if you publish locations on the web someone will destroy it .you are doing bettter to preserve places by not saying where they are

Hello all! I am a newbie to the forum, but not to exploring old historic sites. I have come to this thread to express my gratitude towards those of like-mindedness that are here to preserve our history. We need to preserve our history as best we can before it becomes destroyed or forgotten. Fortunately there are a few old Ghost Towns that have received recognition and are having information signs posted stating the towns history. But there are other sites that are failing to be recognized. Fortunately we have the Boy Scouts of America and sponsors to thank for donating their materials, time, a efforts to preserve these sites that might otherwise be pillaged or forgotten.

Default Mr Pappy here i worked on George town's Hotel de Paris plaster reastoration in 1975

Mike I laughed and cried looking over your web site. Raised in Arizona ran away from home and went to Nederland CO in 1970 and began my plaster career in 75 on a hundred year old (then ) hotel. In 1875 Luis built a fancy place with the Chinese labor, in 1975 I saw a Chinese take my picture mixing mud to repair their work. My first DUI in Steamboat Spr. lead me to do the plaster restoration of the old train depot there instead of jail time.Too many beers and not enough memories. We Mrs Pappy and I have an old gas station post office for sale we posted in the classified sec 5 days ago but it wont post. its 8 miles from Zebulon Pikes stockade and 10 miles from the narrow gauge rail line -Antonito to Chama that still runs over the pass in summers. Since it wont sho w up on our post look at mrspappy view profile at our back to Bountiful albums, or email us at mrspappy1@gmail.com Happy trails Pappy
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Mr Pappy,

I have worked on numerous projects here in Colorado and other places. It can be great fun volunteering .. here are some of the projects - Volunteering http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com...%20worked.html
    Visit Colorado Ghost Towns at http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com

No Sales pitch just plenty of photos and stories.

"I led a quieter life before I got hearing aids." Mike

Rocky

Thread Information