Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New adventures!

Default New adventures!

I' a very adventurous person but my friends think I'm crazy and refuse to come with me anywhere fun. I am looking for people to come with me to ghost towns or I could possibly join another group (in Washington)? Feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. =)

I'm in the Seattle area sporadically, however that should be ironed out a bit more come May, and I try to get out on a regular basis and find some interesting locations. I can't say that I've ever been part of a group exploring, but would be up for trying to get one started. I've also got prettymuch an endless list of potential sites for exploration throughout the state, so you can always ask me for suggestions.
    Easily distracted.

Current distraction: Railroad Depots

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Fairlane, if you get a group started here in Washington, I'm definately for joining!!!

I am surprised there aren't any GT clubs, at least none that I am aware of.
    Explore Forums Ghost Town and Mining Camp Forums

Create your own ghost town galleries, blogs, forums, discussion, and much more, free.

How would you start a GT group? I get really into my studies when I find potential ghost towns I want to visit and the librarian actually gave me access to the back room where I found a few books. One from 1913 and one from 1909 on mining towns in Washnington. I've spent the last months comparing the maps in the books to maps of today and have figured out where mine openings and town remains would be, via satelliteimage.

I think at the most basic levels a group would just require several of us to plan an occasion to meet and explore a particular site. Fundamentally, there wouldn't be much more organization beyond that, however, feasibly we could with enough participation and effort, venture on to more than just occasional exploring.
    I'm interested to know what you've managed to find out about towns around the area. I try to do a lot of the same, digging in deeply to try and find out a bit more than seems to be generally known about abandoned communities.
    Easily distracted.

That makes sense. Group exploring definetly sounds fun. As soon as I get all of my information sorted out I would be happy to share. =) Once I'm technically advanced enough, I will start a website. That is pretty far off though. Haha

Sounds like we'll all have to try and get something together. Personally, I've been wanting to do a trip to the ruins of Durham and Kerriston, but they're remote enough that I wouldn't want to do the bushwhacking required alone.
    Perhaps as an organized group, we would also be able to gain some clout as to organize trips into some more restricted locations. I've read Alpine is pretty interesting, but requires gaining access to private property. I'd imagine Bayne could also be of interest, but I think it's on fenced county property. I'd imagine access could be possible with the right connections, similar to getting into the holy grail of the king County area, going into the Tacoma Watershed along the Green River.
    Easily distracted.

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Just did the Railroad Avenue trip up at Wilkeson yesterday and the pics that I found to take were more than I imagined...everything from the coke ovens, railroad tracks, truck, loader ruins, mine, and everything else. Not to worry though, if people are wanting to get together and head up there, I'm more than willing to go up there again as I find more and more things to photograph each time I go. That and the fact that 165 is loaded with a number of town sites that I find fascinating.

Durham and Kerriston sound like a blast to do and I do agree that being a group would get more clout but weather we're organized...we shall see! (LOL) I think though if we get a hold of the right person/people for permission, we would more than likely be able to gain access to the Tacoma watershed, or Bayne. With numbers and the right excuse, I mean reason, anything is possible!

Well, if anyone is up for trying to find a site, I'm around and willing to have an adventure. For me, at least, I think Durham is really at the top of my list, though I wouldn't mind a trip to see Monte Cristo or Melmont, either.
    Easily distracted.

Thread Information