Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you feel about cremation vs. burial?

Quote Originally Posted by steffsthridge01 View Post
    In my opinion, I believe God wants us to be buried (1 Corinthians 15:35-55) It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever. Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies. What are your opinion in cremation?What would you choose? Thanks in advance

I agree! In the bible, He wants us to be buried but there is no specific teaching about cremation though it was practiced in biblical times, but it was not commonly practiced by the Israelites or by New Testament believers.

If we died, it doesn't matter on the procedure, whether it is thru a burial or cremation. In our family, my dad was cremated. He had a insurance plan to make a choice. Years before his death, he already made that choice for a practical reason that it is much cheaper and could minimize funeral expenses compared to being buried.

Personally I don't plan on dying. Lol

ok if by fluke I do die bury me, as bad as a burn feel why would ya want to be burned up? Ok how do you know you won't feel it? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by steffsthridge01 View Post
    In my opinion, I believe God wants us to be buried (1 Corinthians 15:35-55) It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever. Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies. What are your opinion in cremation?What would you choose? Thanks in advance

I more than agree. I'd rather be buried than cremated.

Thread Information