Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to see Lester, Washington again...

Ghostdancer is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Default Want to see Lester, Washington again...

I will be traveling to the Seattle area again next week. Saw Lester on my last visit in August 07. My cousin's ex husband wants to see Lester so we are planning to do so if weather conditions permit.

What I want to ask is if there are any changes I should be aware of - road conditions, accessibly, etc., I am aware that the large building next to the white home has since collapsed.

Appreciate any updated info.
    "Here lies Lester Moore; four slugs from A-44. No Les no more." - Grave marker at Tombstone's Boothill Cemetary

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Being that it lies within the Tacoma watershed...I'm wondering how hard it would be to get back into the town. The last time I tried to get there, it was gated off and I was denied access by the person at the shack.

Quote Originally Posted by Darin View Post
    Being that it lies within the Tacoma watershed...I'm wondering how hard it would be to get back into the town. The last time I tried to get there, it was gated off and I was denied access by the person at the shack.
    How long ago was this?
    "Here lies Lester Moore; four slugs from A-44. No Les no more." - Grave marker at Tombstone's Boothill Cemetary

When I was up there the summer before last had no problems coming in from the east. One change of note is that the road has washed out near the old sawmill facilities where the river cuts close, and the thus has been rerouted through the field of the old mill instead. It's probably gotten a bit worse over the winters since, but I can't imagine it's not passable.
    Easily distracted.

Current distraction: Railroad Depots

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
    How long ago was this?
    This past fall, but I just got done checking Google Earth and I may have tried to get in the wrong way...I tried from the Cumberland area (West side) instead of taking I-90.

Right now, my biggest concern is the weather. Been checking the forecasts which don't look promising; a lot of rain.

Yup, good ol Washington weather. Clear today, rain tomorrow through Monday, Tuesday is suppose to be overcast, and then rain the rest of the week. Looking forward to more than just one day of sun per week...I'm tired of this umbrella!!!

I lived in the Black Diamond area for years and have never seen the Tacoma water shed open to the public. Even during hunting season. To get to Lester (old railrod town) area go to Stampede Pass Directly south of I90. The site of Lester is located on the Green River. I have also gained access from the south using logging roads out of the Greenwater area. The river god whereever it wants to go up there. Roads are also sometimes gated, however this area is not water shed. GO AROUND the east side of Kelly Butte. By the way there is lots Mt sheep that live in the area.

Remember when there is rain in North Bend its usually snowing in the higher elevations. Cleck with the pass reports before planning anything. Also its been a real hard winter up there. Good luck
    Last edited by ghostowner; 05-05-2011 at 01:13 AM.

Well, was unable to get to Lester as the road past where the pavement ends was covered with thick snow and we were in a passenger vehicle.

Yes, I've been told the winter was hard; I believe it.

Sorry about your road block of snow banks.... that's been happening to me all spring! The snow is still at about 4000 feet. We are camped at about 3300 feet as I write this near the Ghost Town of Trinty (North of Lake Wenatchee) and just below the snow line. However I been in the NW for many years now and KNOW its expected this time of year. I have a very bad case of spring fever and can't wait to get into those hills either. TO ME ghosttowning is like gold fever and I love every minute of it.
    Last edited by ghostowner; 05-15-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Thread Information