Thread: RE: British TV research

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default RE: British TV research

Originally posted by DAN

: Hello,

: I am currently doing some reaseach in to Ghost Towns for a possible British TV production. I was wondering if you have any interesting stories, specifically the people that still live in these towns?

: Are there any people that live alone in these deserted places? People who have grown up in the town and are reluctant to leave?

: I noticed that the people in Southern Cross were being told to leave their town. What rights do the government have to such eviction notices?

: Please tell me about anything that you have heard about the above, I am afraid we Brits are Ghosttown novices!

: Thankyou. Dan.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: RE: British TV research

Originally posted by Stephen F. Rich

: : Hello,

: : I am currently doing some reaseach in to Ghost Towns for a possible British TV production. I was wondering if you have any interesting stories, specifically the people that still live in these towns?

: : Are there any people that live alone in these deserted places? People who have grown up in the town and are reluctant to leave?

: : I noticed that the people in Southern Cross were being told to leave their town. What rights do the government have to such eviction notices?

: : Please tell me about anything that you have heard about the above, I am afraid we Brits are Ghosttown novices!

: : Thankyou. Dan.

: Dan, It has been my experience when visiting ghosttowns that few if any old timers reside in these towns. Old buildings that are livable are most often used as summer cabins. It is becoming more and more difficult to find pristine ghosttowns, for obvious reasons. The best sites are those located on private property,like Southern Cross. Unfortunately those who put in the labor of love to keep the town intact, don't own it. Efforts are underway to preserve the town and hopefully the mining company which is the property owner and the concerned citizens will be able to satisfy all needs. We have lots of neat sites here in Oregon with great scenery and lots of history. I have done a few video projects as well as still photography in ghosttowns. Let's chat. Stephen

Thread Information