Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accessible Ghost Towns Using Delicate Minivan!?

Quote Originally Posted by bad bob View Post
    Here's another site with a Rte 66 sub-category: http://legends.websitetoolbox.com/
    It's an interesting forum, but I guess the lady webmaster has too many other things to do, as it is painfully slow, re: members posting.
    I've seen and visited that site before, but it's very slow and somewhat inactive. I'm well versed in Route 66 stuff, that's not my concern. My interest here is ghost towns off route 66. I have plenty of material for the on 66 stuff. Matter of fact, just bought the new "Ghost Towns of Route 66" book published last month. When we do run 66, I'll come back here with some pictures and related info. For now though, while here. I'm looking away from 66.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikejts View Post
    If you ever travel thru Colorado let me know and I will help you get across the state and to see some Soccer Mom accessible sites. A little help would be necessary to make sure I get you to what you are looking for. Is it a true ghost town with no people, a partial ghost town or one of the many towns that are now tourist towns? Everybody has their idea of what a ghost town should be and seldom do we agree.
    Colorado works for us and is a great option. We actually decided to forego the interstate and take US-6 and US-50 from the Utah/Colorado state line through Indiana before getting onto I-70 for the remainder of the trip home. We ran US-6 to US-50 to US-40 and drove a few old original portions of Portland. I have video of those, if anyone is interested. You can find them (Link removed, website closed)

Anyway, yes, please do detail a few ghost towns that are completely abandoned and desolate! I'm looking for a few existing structures, with signs that show at one time, there was life. But definitely not a "living" town. Something old, decaying and, well even "sad". Similar to the pictures of Johnson Canyon I'd posted earlier. Any help toward that end would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by OnThePike; 10-05-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: (Link removed, website closed)

Quote Originally Posted by Zardac View Post
    Non-minivan drivers have no idea of the isolation and pain we feel... when we are forced to drive these symbols of bland soulless suburbia.
    LOL!! Where do I sign up?!?!?

If you're serious, I can create a board on my forum for suffering minivan owners :-)

Default Thanks...

but the vehicle officially belongs to my wife, and I try to pretend it's not really there.

OnThePike: I know this thread is well dead and you probably already made your trip last year, but I have a thing or two to say.

First, AFAIK, most of the info on the main page was put there several years ago and should still be good, albiet maybe the sites are more degraded; updates on the main page stopped I don't know how long ago. I say this because about ten+ years ago I was able to submit info and pics for the main page. Back then however, there wasn't a forum at this site. AFAIK, it seems as though the owner/admin of this site handed off the reigns or changed their outlook to only allow new submissions to the forums and stopped updating the main page pics/sites/locations.

So that said, there are a boat load of places to see off Hwy 66, check out Zeniff. It's west of Snowflake, AZ. Last time I was there I was able to add a pic or two to the main page. And then there's a boatload of other places to see well off Hwy 66, check out Alta, CO, and Maverick, AZ. Yeah, I'm tooting my horns there. . . .

just saying . . . . . .

Thread Information