Thread: Cedarwood Colorado

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Cedarwood Colorado

Originally posted by Norm Brown

: Amyone know about Cedarwood CO.? It's still on several maps (South of Pueblo) My Greatgrandfather homesteaded there. I think the town was a terminus for a railroad water pipeline and a source of fenceposts (cedar!). Trains still roll past and there is a large foundation from a freight depot.
    : Thanks, Norm
    : P.S. Watch out for scorpions!

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Cedarwood Colorado

Originally posted by Judy

: Norm,

: I just found this posting. My mother and grandmother grew up in Cedarwood, CO. My grandmother was the postmaster. Would like to get in touch with you for more info.

: Sincerely,

: Judy

Originally posted by Bob Stuemky

: : Norm,

: : I just found this posting. My mother and grandmother grew up in Cedarwood, CO. My grandmother was the postmaster. Would like to get in touch with you for more info.

: : Sincerely,

: : Judy

: Judy;

: We live perched on the cliffs above Cedarwood and look down upon the old townsite from the back deck.
    : I met a older lady who grew up there in the 1920-30's her name is Sarah Osborn--lives now in Parker close to Franktown where I lived prior to 1997 retirement.She said her mom was the postmaster at CW and showed me lots of old photos.
    : Is this lady Sarah Osborn your Mother?
    : Bob Stuemky

Originally posted by gary

: : Amyone know about Cedarwood CO.? It's still on several maps (South of Pueblo) My Greatgrandfather homesteaded there. I think the town was a terminus for a railroad water pipeline and a source of fenceposts (cedar!). Trains still roll past and there is a large foundation from a freight depot.
    : : Thanks, Norm
    : : P.S. Watch out for scorpions!

Originally posted by gary

: I've been going out there since I was a kid. Probably for the past 25 years now. My best friends family has and still does live out there. Its my favorite place on earth. Matter of fact I will be there in about 2 weeks.

Default Sarah Osborn

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttowns.com View Post
    Originally posted by Bob Stuemky

: : Norm,

: : I just found this posting. My mother and grandmother grew up in Cedarwood, CO. My grandmother was the postmaster. Would like to get in touch with you for more info.

: : Sincerely,

: : Judy

: Judy;

: We live perched on the cliffs above Cedarwood and look down upon the old townsite from the back deck.
    : I met a older lady who grew up there in the 1920-30's her name is Sarah Osborn--lives now in Parker close to Franktown where I lived prior to 1997 retirement.She said her mom was the postmaster at CW and showed me lots of old photos.
    : Is this lady Sarah Osborn your Mother?
    : Bob Stuemky
    Bob -- Sarah Osborn was my mom, she passed away in 2004 and is buried in Parker. I just spoke with my Dad, Marshall Osborn and he knows you. Small world. I'm sure my mom told you about her mom, Oliver (Ollie) Cave. If there is a way to privately send me your email address via this forum, please do so.

Judy

Hi, I recently bought some property in Cedarwood,Colorado, and I was trying to find some info on the old train station that used to be located there, I believe it was called Cedarwood Station ,at least that is what the land development where we bought our property is called. During my search I came across this thread, I know it is OLD, but I am hoping it will still go threw to you. I would love to learn some of the history. Thanks!

Default Cedarwood, CO

My grandfather was a minister in the church there in the early 1920s

My Grandfather was pastor in the church at Cedarwood in the early 1920's

Thread Information