Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To all the Oldtimers

Default To all the Oldtimers

I haven't been on very often in the past couple years and I'm wondering how all you oldtimers on the forum have been doing. LauraA, Brian10x, campp, Darin, David A wright, GaryB, GhostDancer, ghost_town_huntress, 40FORDJIM, bad bob, dwinslow, Gravelrash, Joel, mainmanwalkin. Mikejts, Norman Johnson, old judge, Rattler, speedy, Tsarevna, Vulture, xplor'npaul, and any of you I may have missed. I havent done much as far as going out but this will change next summer. Its winter and i hope we all can get back to posting like we used to. I had alot of fun back then and all of us are the only ones with triple digit or more posts looking through the member files. I hope you all answer, winter now and what else do we have to do?

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Well I for one am taking it easy with just work, moderating the forum here, and one of my other hobbies, the radio. A few months ago, I picked up an old Siltronix 1011D (10 and 11 meter, tube type, amateur transeiver) that I've been enjoying since, especially with the new solar cycle climbing to it's peak. I've been talking to Australia, Ireland, South Africa, South America, and all over on a daily basis...and here this past weekend, I started studying for my ham license to talk on 10 meter. I've just been on 11 meter SSB (usually 38 lower sideband).

Also started looking for some GTs and mines to go to this coming spring and summer with the Better Half. I think this coming year will be "ghost towns around home" rather than abroad since gas prices don't seem to be seeing any type of price drop anytime soon...so my pics may look like the ones that dwinslow Fairlane500 took and posted as they may be the same towns. (lol)

Good to see you on here teds280z, don't be such a stranger and thanks for the topic...this will be a fun read for sure!

Still here, thanks for remembering...........Speedy

We took the RV and went to Silverton Colorado for 3 weeks in August and met one of our sons and his wife there also. Went to many of the local ghost towns and jeep trails even tho we have been there before. One day, drove over (in our 4WD Excursion) Cinnamon Pass, had lunch in Lake City, and came back over Engineer Pass. Son had to leave for home in Michigan so we went up to Ridgway for 3 days and then back home to Silver city,NM. We took our usual week long trip over Thanksgiving. This year we went to Socorro,NM and all places of Interest in a 30 mile radius. Time to start planning our Spring trip!!
    40FORDJIM GHOSTTOWNER SINCE 1965

Tsarevna is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Hey Teds,
    Doing good, thanks for askin.

I went sorta inactive for a while when I dealt with some health issues last year. Once I was on the mend I was able to do short, local expeditions. I've recently concluded a few longer ones during the summer. I've decided to try and re-photograph sites, and have re-captured a few places that Don Winslow shot in Oregon.

I've got such a huge collection of photos now I really should start my own blog. I was really inspired by Darin's site and Western Mining History. I'm busy now learning more about the internet so I can do that.

Darin, you gonna work on your site more?

And what you been doing Teds?

Not much in ghosttowning since I moved to Utah. Next spring and summer i will be getting 2 weeks paid vacation and weekends off. Retail business really is bad if you want a personal life and be able to go anywhere. Like I worked 10 hrs yesterday, off today, and 10 hrs tomorrow. There doesn't seem to be any real GTs close by so having split days off doesn't work.

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarevna View Post
    Hey Teds,
    Doing good, thanks for askin.

I went sorta inactive for a while when I dealt with some health issues last year. Once I was on the mend I was able to do short, local expeditions. I've recently concluded a few longer ones during the summer. I've decided to try and re-photograph sites, and have re-captured a few places that Don Winslow shot in Oregon.

I've got such a huge collection of photos now I really should start my own blog. I was really inspired by Darin's site and Western Mining History. I'm busy now learning more about the internet so I can do that.

Darin, you gonna work on your site more?
    I didn't know my site made any impact on anyone here...thank you for the kind words, Tsar!!!

I'm redoing the site as I had problems with the (Blogger) server that it was on and now have to redo everything - hence the reason why it is not listed in my signature. But once I get everything going again, the new one will look just like the old, but with more stuff as I've got more to ad...and will be back in my signature once again.

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Where'd you move to in Utah Ted?

I've been busy, we moved into my Aunt's house in Caliente, NV and have been fixing it up before winter sets in. Not much in ghost towning, then again where I live they're all around me. I live in a technical ghost town as it is.
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Tsarevna is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Well yeah Darin, I think your site is great.

I also love Danny's work, where's he been lately? I was hoping he had a new site that I was unaware of because his hasn't been updated in quite a while.

I'm in Springville, UT which is just south of Provo. In fact I work in Provo for Autozone as commercial driver. That puts me on the road, locally, and don't have to be in the store that much. Not a bad for the next 2+ years till I'm 62.

Thread Information