Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To all the Oldtimers

Default Pictures

Name:  IMGA0296.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  98.9 KBName:  IMGA0313.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  92.2 KB

Yep miss being able to explore. If these pics come out they are of Pine Grove in '06
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Just found this thread. Been busy this summer.

Volunteer projects - Clay Mine restoration, Fort Lupton Reconstruction, Metal detecting the Custer trail. Had to cancel out of the Duncan Cabin restoration. In the middle of all these projects 2 deaths in the family, Brother in law a young 52 year old father of 5 and then my Father in law at 93. Spent time harvesting in MN. Do this every year to help out my brother in laws. Plan to add Fort Lupton to my site. Got skunked in my attempts to find Annie creek site in SD on my way back from ND and the Custer Trail. Only had a couple hours but I followed Annie Creek all the way back to the tailing piles. Saw a few buildings and foundations but nothing like I had hoped for. If anyone knows if anything still standing there I would be interested.

I went to the local Jeep dealer the other day and now I got the fever for a new Rubicon. He gave me the new Jeep Rubicon unlimited with the new engine. I even got the Missus to approve. Now she gets to pick out a color. Sort of hate to give up my faithful 2004 Rubicon but that new one is sure nice. Especially the 4 doors and all the room.
    Visit Colorado Ghost Towns at http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com

No Sales pitch just plenty of photos and stories.

"I led a quieter life before I got hearing aids." Mike

Rocky

Hey it worked Green shack I think it was a brothel in Ione, alot of old bed frames but also found this 1930's math science book. Dodge truck was in Seven Troughs i believeName:  IMGA0427.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  91.2 KB

What is the book in the picture?

Rocky

The dodge truck was in Berlin,,, Name:  NV Berlin 09-16-2005 (49).jpg
Views: 978
Size:  97.2 KBName:  NV Berlin 09-16-2005 (45).jpg
Views: 726
Size:  99.1 KB

Rocky

Thanks. I lost alot of pics in the move and forgot to catorize(sp) them Its been awhile since I was there

Default The book

It was in Ione. I didn't take but Im sure its gone by now. I believe it was math and science combined. Residents there were watching but I still wanted others to enjoy it. Of course it might have been a trap and I would"nt want to end up in the Ione jail.LOL

Quess - I'm one of the Old Timers that does a lot more lurking and less jabbering lately. Round these parts - gas cost too much - it's too hot or too cold or I'm just too dang old to go hiking cross the desert anymore so I don't explore as much as I used ta.

Quote Originally Posted by Darin View Post
    Well I for one am taking it easy with just work, moderating the forum here, and one of my other hobbies, the radio. A few months ago, I picked up an old Siltronix 1011D (10 and 11 meter, tube type, amateur transeiver) that I've been enjoying since, especially with the new solar cycle climbing to it's peak. I've been talking to Australia, Ireland, South Africa, South America, and all over on a daily basis...and here this past weekend, I started studying for my ham license to talk on 10 meter. I've just been on 11 meter SSB (usually 38 lower sideband)....
    Darin - if you get your Ham Ticket - let us know - that's another time wasting hobby I've put on the Back burner till I could kick back live off my Lockheed retirement and social security. Way things are going that may not be much much but I'm getting Medicare as long as Congress doesn't take that away!

Still have a couple ghosts (towns) to locate (pinpoint exactly with my GPS) in Nevada but I've got well over 3,000 for that book I'm gonna write when I retire!
    Yet Another Bob

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I'll keep ya posted, Bob!

Yes Bob you are one of the oldtimers. Has anyone heard from Old Judge

Thread Information