Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Historic Jails

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Historic Jails

Originally posted by Emily M. Matthias

: I am part of a project to photograph, catalogue and survey the historic jails of the United States. I am seeking any information you might have access to (location, stories, tips, etc). Thank you.

: Emily M. Matthias

: Historic Jail Study Project

: Assistant Director

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Historic Jails

Originally posted by Ken Johnson

: I might offer the following suggestion. On some of the historic forts that I have seen, the brig seems to be best preserved. I would start there.

: : I am part of a project to photograph, catalogue and survey the historic jails of the United States. I am seeking any information you might have access to (location, stories, tips, etc). Thank you.

: : Emily M. Matthias

: : Historic Jail Study Project

: : Assistant Director

Originally posted by Tom Wood

: : I am part of a project to photograph, catalogue and survey the historic jails of the United States. I am seeking any information you might have access to (location, stories, tips, etc). Thank you.

:

: I have visited several ghost towns and near ghost towns with jails. Among these towns are Bodie, CA, Rhyolite, NV, Belmont, NV, Pioche, NV, Bannack, MT and South Pass City, WY. I have also visited Silver City, ID which has the ruins of the former Owyhee County Courthouse and Jail.

Originally posted by cody

: There is a origi**** Jail in the Cityt of eureka Utah that has bars on the door, it is a outside jail, just a small building on the backside of the old sheriffs office

: : I might offer the following suggestion. On some of the historic forts that I have seen, the brig seems to be best preserved. I would start there.

: : : I am part of a project to photograph, catalogue and survey the historic jails of the United States. I am seeking any information you might have access to (location, stories, tips, etc). Thank you.

: : : Emily M. Matthias

: : : Historic Jail Study Project

: : : Assistant Director

Originally posted by Chris

: Hi Emily! I am a "Retired" Deputy Marshal from Arizona...I know of several Historic Jails throughout Arizona, along with their history. Let me know what you would like and I will mail photos, stories and what ever else you could use...Chris

Originally posted by Tammy Valentine

: Volcano Calif has a jail the two men that built it was the first customers of the jail

Originally posted by tammy

Originally posted by tammy

: : : check out volcano california its a small town outside of jackson ca, the story goes that the two men that built the jail were the first customers

Originally posted by M

Originally posted by Michael Lengyel

: Good afternoon,

: We are in the process of evaluating the condition and potential reuse of a small jail located in central Virginia. I am presently looking for reference material on companies that built standardized jails and at the turn of the century. The jail in question was built by a company located in St. Louis MO. Our goal is to provide information necessary to stabilize the building and secondly to spark the interest in completing a restoration project. Please help we have a small window of opportunity

: Thank you

: Michael Lengyel

Thread Information