Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why this forum is dying...

I wish I could visit more often, but I've been busier at work. The good part about that is that I'm making more money!

When I visit some ghost towns I'll post photos. My opportunities to go out and about have declined quite a bit, though.

Default Not sure but

Not sure why it is dying. Some input for me as I have fallen away from using the forum. I visit occasionally, usually when I am searching for a specific item or researching places to go.

1 - Way to many threads containing same or similar items. This also causes searches to yeild multiple results (threads)
    2 - lack of responses to new posts - questions etc. (Still wondering if anyone reads some of my past questions and if so why no replies)
    3 - Lack of time to monitor all the stuff available here.
    4 - Travel alot to remote areas (gone for 2 months and just back)
    5 - Some much data and so little time. I have become selective on what I view on the internet.
    Visit Colorado Ghost Towns at http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com

No Sales pitch just plenty of photos and stories.

"I led a quieter life before I got hearing aids." Mike

Rocky

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Tyroler View Post
    Wait a bit.im just sorting any Private out
    Yeah, its important to sort out that private. I usually sort out my public after a couple of quarts of bathtub gin, but I wait until the third rotation of crab zodiac to sort out the private.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

My reasons for non participation:
    1-I don't explore as much as I used to, hence less to contribute.
    2-I have fewer urges to post asinine comments than I used to.
    3- I spend more time on the "Fat Bald Old and Verbally Incontinent" forum as of late.
    4- The cat got my tongue.
    5- Been smokin' a lot of Jimson weed lately and find it difficult to speak English and locate the keyboard.
    6-
    Name:  030.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  35.6 KB

Last edited by brian10x; 07-07-2012 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Who cares about the reason? Usually its more complex than I have room for, and I want to be absolutely clear when I explain m

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Oh I don't "stir the cauldron" much anymore, mainly cos I can't stand that lying, whiney, POS homeophobe BUZZARD, the one that started this stupid thread. Oh boo hoo hoo. Instead of cryin' about it Vulture, get off yer tail feathers and go find somethin' to do.

Bob, don't hold it in. Tell us what you really think.

I'm still trying to figure out how land use and real estate relates to this thread; and why it's used in a post with quote from me ...
    David A. Wright
    Quote: "Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again!"

I try to visit a least once a week just to see what is happn' Hopefully I wiol be able to retire sometime soon and actually hve some time for my passion which like David, is the Great Basin and my home of Nevada. I also find I have to explain myself almost everytime I post - each person's GT experience is different and my idea and someone elses may not be the same - finding a site five miles from where USGS says it was and knowing I may be one of a half dozen who took the time to put all the peices together is rewarding to me but Goldfied (Country Seat of Esmeralda County) is a ghosttown experience for others.
    Yet Another Bob

Ghost Town forum becoming... a Ghost Town. How poetic.

Well, I genuinely hope that this forum will survive!

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

It's always had it's ups and downs. I remember the change over to the new forum style ****** some people off and they vowed to never come back. I'm sure it will survive just fine, just as the names and faces contributing will likely change. I agree some changes would be nice, but having dealt with a website of my own for some time and understanding the massive complexity of this site, it's likely not going to happen unless someone buys the rights and information (if it's even for sale) and is willing to either put in the work or pay the money to do it. This site wouldn't be cheap to run and would likely be a loss for anyone trying to run it.

As far as contributors, look at me. I now live in a technical ghost town, in the heart of Pioneer Territory Nevada where my family has been since Nevada was still a territory and I contribute less than when I lived in Vegas. Life has a way of changing your plans....
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Thread Information