Thread: Lund, Zane & Beryl Utah

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Lund, Zane & Beryl Utah

Originally posted by ryan crockett

:

: I took a side trip recently through Lund, Zane, and Beryl Utah located about 50 miles west of Cedar City Utah. I have several pictures that I plan on submitting to the site, but I would like to know a little bit about the history of these towns to add to the description. If anyone has any helpful information I'd appreciate it. If you would like to see pictures of the area please visit www.dave.crockett.net and click on the link to Iron County Ghosts.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Lund, Zane & Beryl Utah

Originally posted by information

: :
    : : I took a side trip recently through Lund, Zane, and Beryl Utah located about 50 miles west of Cedar City Utah. I have several pictures that I plan on submitting to the site, but I would like to know a little bit about the history of these towns to add to the description. If anyone has any helpful information I'd appreciate it. If you would like to see pictures of the area please visit www.dave.crockett.net and click on the link to Iron County Ghosts.

Default Re: Lund, Zane & Beryl Utah

Originally posted by Joe Favino

:
    : : http://www.desertislands.org/lund1.htm

: AT&T(?) has a tower there now.

: I was last there in late 1996. Across the road from Lund Flats (s. extension of the Wah Wah range)are small cliffs and some boulders, bolted on top (expansion bolts holding rings for securing rope) for climbing. I don't know if it's a popular destination for the CedarCity-based climbing community (or even a destination at all, any more)

: There's a historical marker for a pony express station, but its actual location is about a half mile north of town, a few hundres yards east of the railroad tracks.

: Yahoo, Dogpile, etc... searches should supply you with more info. (I 'm sure that there's good documentation at S.U.U., too.)

: That's about all I know, hope I helped.

: -Joe

: : I took a side trip recently through Lund, Zane, and Beryl Utah located about 50 miles west of Cedar City Utah. I have several pictures that I plan on submitting to the site, but I would like to know a little bit about the history of these towns to add to the description. If anyone has any helpful information I'd appreciate it. If you would like to see pictures of the area please visit www.dave.crockett.net and click on the link to Iron County Ghosts.

Thread Information