Thread: GHOST TOWN RALLY 2000 - AGAIN

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default GHOST TOWN RALLY 2000 - AGAIN

Originally posted by Cat and Ripley

: HI ALL! I NOTICED THAT A MESSAGE I HAD POSTED ABOUT ATTENDING THE RALLY GOT SOME REALLY NEGATIVE ANSWERS BACK!

: I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT THESE RALLIES ARE SO THAT FELLOW GHOST TOWN ENTHUSIASTS CAN GET TOGETHER, MEET, AND EXCHANGE STORIES AND IDEAS!

: YOU CAN EXPLORE GHOST TOWNS SOLO THE REST OF THE YEAR, BUT FOR ONE WEEKEND AT LEAST WE CAN ALL HANG OUT, EXPLORE AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.

: ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN! (DUH)

: GOLD POINT IS A FANTASTIC LOCATION FOR THE RALLY! WE WILL HAVE A WONDERFUL HOST IN SHERIFF STONE AND A JOVIAL ATMOSPHERE IN A GHOST TOWN SETTING, ITS PERFECT!

: I'M SURE THE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY ATTEND THE RALLY WILL HAVE A BLAST!

: SEE Y'ALL THERE!

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: GHOST TOWN RALLY 2000 - AGAIN

Originally posted by David A. Wright

: Talking to Herb last week, he's expecting 50+ people. Should be pretty good gathering! I won't be there, I'm going on an archaeological dig with BLM same time. But sounds like Herb's putting on a big feed bag and some fun runs to area ghosts. Have fun!

Originally posted by Rob

: Hey Cat, I agree. Unfortunately I can't make this years rally because our son's 3 year b'day party was planned for that Saturday. I do think some of us should plan some informal weekend trips for exploring Death Valley or Eastern California though....

: BTW, did you ever find the stamp mill and building foundations I found last August above Arrowhead Lake I told you about??

: Rob Newquist

:

: : HI ALL! I NOTICED THAT A MESSAGE I HAD POSTED ABOUT ATTENDING THE RALLY GOT SOME REALLY NEGATIVE ANSWERS BACK!

: : I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT THESE RALLIES ARE SO THAT FELLOW GHOST TOWN ENTHUSIASTS CAN GET TOGETHER, MEET, AND EXCHANGE STORIES AND IDEAS!

: : YOU CAN EXPLORE GHOST TOWNS SOLO THE REST OF THE YEAR, BUT FOR ONE WEEKEND AT LEAST WE CAN ALL HANG OUT, EXPLORE AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.

: : ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN! (DUH)

: : GOLD POINT IS A FANTASTIC LOCATION FOR THE RALLY! WE WILL HAVE A WONDERFUL HOST IN SHERIFF STONE AND A JOVIAL ATMOSPHERE IN A GHOST TOWN SETTING, ITS PERFECT!

: : I'M SURE THE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY ATTEND THE RALLY WILL HAVE A BLAST!

: : SEE Y'ALL THERE!

:

: : BTW, did you ever find the stamp mill and building foundations I found last August above Arrowhead Lake I told you about??

: : Rob Newquist

: Rob- Yes, I did find that stamp mill and the foundations you told me about! Thanks! I had a great hike that day too and all because you told me about that spot!

: And I would definitely be into setting up a get together for Death Valley or Eastern California! I'm better at getting midweek days off but weekends work too as long as I have a little notice. When is a good time this summer for you?

: ~Cat

: David,

: I'm bummed you arent going, I am DYING to meet you to pick your brain! You have so much knowledge of ghost towns and sites! I'm sure we'll run into each other one of these days though!

: ~Cat

Originally posted by Rob

: :

: : : BTW, did you ever find the stamp mill and building foundations I found last August above Arrowhead Lake I told you about??

: : : Rob Newquist

: : Rob- Yes, I did find that stamp mill and the foundations you told me about! Thanks! I had a great hike that day too and all because you told me about that spot!

: : And I would definitely be into setting up a get together for Death Valley or Eastern California! I'm better at getting midweek days off but weekends work too as long as I have a little notice. When is a good time this summer for you?

: : ~Cat

: Cat, I'm glad you found it. I wonder what the history is behind it? I never found any info on it, and it doesn't show up on maps.

: I have Fri, Sat, Sun off all Summer, so any weekend in June or July would probably work for getting some people together. Some of the spots I haven't been to up in your area include Montgomery City, Belfort, Pine Grove, Rockland, or even Aurora. Lets post on the board to see who might be interested.

: Rob

Thread Information