Thread: Rally2000 Canceled - Ghosttowners still welcome at Gold Point

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Rally2000 Canceled - Ghosttowners still welcome at Gold Point

Originally posted by Ghosttowns.com

: The Ghosttowns.com Rally2000 has been officially canceled. Those who have prepaid will be receiving a refund by the method they paid. Ghosttowners are still welcome to go to Gold Point, NV over the Memorial day weekend to meet other ghosttowners. Payment for food etc. can be discussed with Herb Robbins alias Sherrif Stone upon arrival, or bring your own food. Herb will be putting on a great weekend for everyone who wants to still come so we encourage you to go.

: For specific questions on directions or activities

: or fees, call Sheriff Stone (Herb) or Red Dog Lil in Las Vegas at 1-702-643-4372.

: If you get lost on the way call Sheriff Stone on his cell phone at 1-775-482-4653

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Rally2000 Canceled - Ghosttowners still welcome at Gold Point

Originally posted by Lynda

: : Why was the rally cancelled?

Originally posted by Mad Mountain Dean

:

: : : Why was the rally cancelled?

: Well Lynda I think the rally was cancelled because of a lack of response by members of your group. I think that it could be related to a comment made by Joe about the "Calicoization" of the rally. I guess that when you havent been to Goldpoint you should keep your negative pearls to yourself. As a regular at G.P. for several years I can tell you that it is the perfect basecamp for forays in any direction that will satsfy any hunger for desert adventure that you may have this can be anything from a leisurely drive in the backcountry to a whiteknuckling 4X4 experince. In other words tyhere is something there for everyone! So dont let some stick in the mud ruin your fun. Come join us for a memorable memorial weekend I doubt youll be disapointed.

Originally posted by David A. Wright

: I don't know ... I have a suspicion that the last gt.com newsletter and the cancelation of the rally are linked. There was a dire feeling about the newsletter regarding time, funding and work involved in keeping the site open and operating, and lack of commitment from the faithful in buying in by having them host our websites.

Originally posted by sylvie

: : I don't know ... I have a suspicion that the last gt.com newsletter and the cancelation of the rally are linked. There was a dire feeling about the newsletter regarding time, funding and work involved in keeping the site open and operating, and lack of commitment from the faithful in buying in by having them host our websites.

Thread Information