Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Le Beau, South Dakota

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Le Beau, South Dakota

Originally posted by Thomas Johnston

: I'm looking for information and photos of LeBeau, South Dakota. It is was formerly a town in Walworth county but I heard was flooded when the dams were built on the Missouri River. My gr-grandparents and gr-grandfather lived there around the early 1900's. My gr-gr grandfather was a railroad section foreman and my gr-grandfather an express agent. Any help you can provide would be great. Please email me.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Le Beau, South Dakota

Originally posted by bad bob

:

: : I'm looking for information and photos of LeBeau, South Dakota. It is was formerly a town in Walworth county but I heard was flooded when the dams were built on the Missouri River. My gr-grandparents and gr-grandfather lived there around the early 1900's. My gr-gr grandfather was a railroad section foreman and my gr-grandfather an express agent. Any help you can provide would be great. Please email me.

: Sent link 5-13-00 Not much info here, but perhaps

: you can try another engine. Let me know if you need more info. I'll try another of mine.

: bad bob

:

Originally posted by Rick vanDaalen

: : I'm sorry i can't help you with any information

: about Le Beau, South Dakota.

: I only wanna tell you that we were looking for a match about my daughthers name, her name is Beau Dakota.

: And we were getting this site.

: We are a family from Holland and we have American relatives in Reno Nevada and Sacramento California

: It was a typical search with a laugh.

: I hope you liked our little reaction.

: thanks for your interest.

: Rick vanDaalen

: : : I'm looking for information and photos of LeBeau, South Dakota. It is was formerly a town in Walworth county but I heard was flooded when the dams were built on the Missouri River. My gr-grandparents and gr-grandfather lived there around the early 1900's. My gr-gr grandfather was a railroad section foreman and my gr-grandfather an express agent. Any help you can provide would be great. Please email me.

: : Sent link 5-13-00 Not much info here, but perhaps

: : you can try another engine. Let me know if you need more info. I'll try another of mine.

: : bad bob

: :

Originally posted by Rick vanDaalen

: : I'm sorry i can't help you with any information

: about Le Beau, South Dakota.

: I only wanna tell you that we were looking for a match about my daughthers name, her name is Beau Dakota.

: And we were getting this site.

: We are a family from Holland and we have American relatives in Reno Nevada and Sacramento California

: It was a typical search with a laugh.

: I hope you liked our little reaction.

: thanks for your interest.

: Rick vanDaalen

: --------------------------------------------------

: : : I'm looking for information and photos of LeBeau, South Dakota. It is was formerly a town in Walworth county but I heard was flooded when the dams were built on the Missouri River. My gr-grandparents and gr-grandfather lived there around the early 1900's. My gr-gr grandfather was a railroad section foreman and my gr-grandfather an express agent. Any help you can provide would be great. Please email me.

: : you can try another engine. Let me know if you need more info. I'll try another of mine.

Originally posted by brigayle

: : Hi,
    : Find anything about Le Beau yet? I am looking for information too. This is for my model railroad project. My brother in law has gotten many newspaper clips for me from the museums in that area. I have a couple of pictures and know of a few more. I found some maps last week. I was quite a cowtown in it's short life. Doesn't loook like anybody written you anything for a year, or ever I guess. I have never been over that way, I want to someday. the RR grade is still there, right up to where it goes underwater.
    : Brian
    : Minnesota

:

I know that im about 5 years late on a reply, and you may have forgotten all about Le Beau by now, But I live in Selby, Walwoth Co., not too far from where Le Beau was once located. I've recently been studying the history of Walwoth County, and could probably get ahold of some records or other information regarding Le Beau. If your still interested, let me know.
    Last edited by tyanna10; 06-04-2006 at 12:24 PM.

Default LeBeau

I realize this is a bit old, but I have tons of information on LeBeau I would love to share with. Email me at afmom64@abe.midco.net

I was originally afmom-but disconnect that service. You can now reach me at dakotamaid@midconetwork.com and I would be willing to share what information I have on LeBeau, SD. If anyone has anything they would like to share with me, I would love to hear from you. I have been in touch with some of the relatives of Antoine LeBeau! Quite interesting! So again-I was registered as afmom above-but that service is disconnected.

In the summers of '54 and '55 I was a digger on the Swan Creek excavation of a Mandan earth lodge town with LeBeau and the old RR bed just over the hill. My co-worker Darrell Salsbury of Kansas recently wrote a privately published book about LeBeau and his time on the dig and then as a ranch hand on on the Boehmer Ranch (on which the dig and LeBeau were located). Another co-worker, Tyler Bastian spent many weekends excavating the cellar pits of LeBeau. He became State Archeologist in Maryland or Delaware and still lives there. More information if anyone is interested.

Talking LeBeau town interest

Quote Originally Posted by taconia View Post
    In the summers of '54 and '55 I was a digger on the Swan Creek excavation of a Mandan earth lodge town with LeBeau and the old RR bed just over the hill. My co-worker Darrell Salsbury of Kansas recently wrote a privately published book about LeBeau and his time on the dig and then as a ranch hand on on the Boehmer Ranch (on which the dig and LeBeau were located). Another co-worker, Tyler Bastian spent many weekends excavating the cellar pits of LeBeau. He became State Archeologist in Maryland or Delaware and still lives there. More information if anyone is interested.
    Hi,

I am very interested in any information about LeBeau town or the LeBeau family. I am a LeBeau and have little information about my father's side of the family. Any further information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Information