Thread: need Arizona ghost towns info and directions

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default need Arizona ghost towns info and directions

Originally posted by Turquoise Kid

: Howdy ! I'll be traveling from Las Vegas down Hwy. 93

: to visit these ghost towns in Arizona and would like to know if anyone has been to any of them ( are they worth visiting?) and do you have specific directions on how to get there ? These are the towns : White Hills, Cyclopic,Gold Basin, Chloride, Mineral Park, Golconda, Cerbat, and Katherine ( which is off Hwy. 68)

: I looked up all the info on these towns on this site already and all look like they'd be worth visiting except for possibly Cyclopic ( only 1 pic on this site ) and Gold Basin ( no pictures on this site )Does anyone have any info on any of these towns ?? THANK YOU VERY MUCH !

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: need Arizona ghost towns info and directions

Originally posted by tombstone charlie

: email me at tombstonecharlie and i'll be glad to give you information, if no off roading, removing of buildings and destroying the site

Default Re: need Arizona ghost towns info and directions

Originally posted by Dean

: well if you interested in ghost internatioally

: I will garuntee you ghost sightings in India a place called Coonor the second most haunted place in the world. Man this place has the works the complete works and Ive seen it for myself

: Dean

Chloride is on the map, I visited it in the fall of 2004. Its not really a ghost town, but has lots of old abandoned buildings and a really interesting atmosphere. Stop at the little general store and the guy working there will tell you how to find the old miners cabins and a few other interesting buildings.

I highly recommend that you follow the directions given on ghosttowns.com about how to get to Nelson (Nevada) since its not far from where you are going to be, and then keep driving and on the left hand side of the road, there is an old mining camp, which is somewhat restored and really neat. Actually, the pictures on ghosttowns.com for the town of Nelson are pictures taken at this old mining camp. I have not yet figured out this discrepancy, all I know is that the camp is interesting, and they offer a mine tour which was fun and educational.

I also visited Mineral Park. Follow the directions given on the page here in ghosttowns.com and watch for a sign at the beginning of the road. When you get to the end of the road, on the right hand side you will see the current mining operation and on the other side, you can see the old buildings from years ago. Go into the new buildings on the right hand side and ask permission and then you can drive right up the dirt/stone road and then go over to the buildings, if you don't mind climbing down into a ditch and back out of it to get to them. Very neat!

I almost went to Cerbat, but a guy getting his mail at the entrance discouraged it, saying there was no ghost town down that road.

Like I said, I found these places using the directions given on ghosttowns. com and a regular Arizona road map, so I don't think you will have any problems.

Are you considering visiting Oatman?

I have shot you an email too as I had trouble finding Gold Basin. While Cyclopic had GPS coordinates available, the access routes had signs that said "private land" everywhere. We were able to see Mineral Park, Cerbat (there is a lot to see if you drive all the way down Cerbat Rd) and Chloride though, and they were all great. We were there two days ago.

Thread Information