Thread: The Point Hotel on Roosevelt Lake early 1900s

Default The Point Hotel on Roosevelt Lake early 1900s

I was reading about Roosevelt Lake the other day and came across an article that spoke of a place called The Hotel Point. There was a place that was a hotel that offered boating and other fun activities during the early 1900s

Look at this site http://arizona100.blogspot.com/2010/...d-town-of.html for more info on both the dam building and the Hotel.

Some place N-E-W to 'see'

PS: I bet Laura "Old Peep's Jeep" MUST Knoe ......
    Last edited by Froggy; 08-27-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    You who are on the road Must have a code that you can live by And so become yourself!

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I've heard just a little bit about the hotel from some of the older locals here. There's nothing left of it since the "new" road went through. It was located on the west side of where the big blue bridge is now. I'm not sure, but I believe some of the remnants of stone and concrete foundations seen in that area might have belonged to the hotel. We've climbed around down there but haven't found anything of any substance relating to the hotel.

campp is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Laura, that sparked a memory. I too saw some odd foundations that did not seem to match the dam or anything really. Near the view area, just climb around a bit. I think I have a photo or two somewhere, because I remembered thinking they seemed out of place.

Ooooh. Yeah.
    I know I've got an old B&W panoramic (as in rolled-up) shot of the hotel, likely made from midway on the old dam, looking NNE. I just need to dig through files to find it.
    By today's locations, it would definitely have been south of the Al Sieber stone memorial that is north of the blue bridge, in a pull-out area on the east side of the road.
    Will advise.

"Men is only good fer two things, and one of 'em's changin' tires." -- Ma Meeks, Jerome, Idaho.

Thread Information