Thread: Can Anyone Live In A Ghost Town?

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Can Anyone Live In A Ghost Town?

Originally posted by Lucinda

: I've heard of people living in ghost towns. I'm quite

: interested in that prospect. I'm a recluse. Anyone

: out there--please advise.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Can Anyone Live In A Ghost Town?

Originally posted by David A. Wright

: People can and do live in ghost towns. First of all, they have ownership of the land and the structure. It might have passed down through the family, or it was purchased like any other real estate. There are people who also squat on Federal land in structures already existing.

: A good example of living in a ghost town is the town of Gold Point, Nevada. There are about 3 permanent residents and about a dozen semi-permanent residents there. One man, Herb Robbins, owns much of the townsite and structures. He began buying up the land and buildings over 20 years ago. He lives in Las Vegas, but is in Gold Point a week or two per month, runs a bed & breakfast establishment in several of the structures that he owns.

Originally posted by acattman

: : I've heard of people living in ghost towns. I'm quite

: : interested in that prospect. I'm a recluse. Anyone

: : out there--please advise.

: :If anyone lived there it couldn't be a ghosttown could it?

Originally posted by bad bob

:

: : : I've heard of people living in ghost towns. I'm quite

: : : interested in that prospect. I'm a recluse. Anyone

: : : out there--please advise.

: : :If anyone lived there it couldn't be a ghosttown could it?

: Quoting Lambert Florin, a noted ghost town author, "one of several definitions of a ghost town, is a town that is now a shadowy semblence of its former self." You're probably thinking of a "true ghost town". Bodie, Calif., for example, is considered a true ghost, even though rangers live there to guard against further vandalism.

: bad bob.

Originally posted by kay

: sure you can.........come on out to arizona and you can live in a ghost town..we have one called cleator and there are 5 people living there. also jerome was a ghost town but now the artist and writers live there.

Originally posted by John

: : People can and do live in ghost towns. First of all, they have ownership of the land and the structure. It might have passed down through the family, or it was purchased like any other real estate. There are people who also squat on Federal land in structures already existing.

: : A good example of living in a ghost town is the town of Gold Point, Nevada. There are about 3 permanent residents and about a dozen semi-permanent residents there. One man, Herb Robbins, owns much of the townsite and structures. He began buying up the land and buildings over 20 years ago. He lives in Las Vegas, but is in Gold Point a week or two per month, runs a bed & breakfast establishment in several of the structures that he owns.

Originally posted by John

: : People can and do live in ghost towns. First of all, they have ownership of the land and the structure. It might have passed down through the family, or it was purchased like any other real estate. There are people who also squat on Federal land in structures already existing.

: : A good example of living in a ghost town is the town of Gold Point, Nevada. There are about 3 permanent residents and about a dozen semi-permanent residents there. One man, Herb Robbins, owns much of the townsite and structures. He began buying up the land and buildings over 20 years ago. He lives in Las Vegas, but is in Gold Point a week or two per month, runs a bed & breakfast establishment in several of the structures that he owns.

: I know of a ghost town called Tiger in Colorado. It is located about 5 miles east of Breckenridge on the Swan River. Last time I was there it was covered in dredge tailings, but legend has it that it was burned down in the early 1970s on account of long-haired,pot-smoking hippies. Seems like the government didn't want them there. It's a shame they would destroy historical buildings and displace citizens at the same time.

Originally posted by marie daughty

Thread Information