Thread: Cotton Hollow

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Cotton Hollow

Originally posted by Pam

: Can anyone give me any information on Cotton Hollow in Glastonbury Ct? I can't seem to find out anything from old articles. I know there was a factory there at one time and there was an explosion but I can't seem to find out if it is haunted. Anything would be really helpful.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Cotton Hollow

Originally posted by Mike

: : Can anyone give me any information on Cotton Hollow in Glastonbury Ct? I can't seem to find out anything from old articles. I know there was a factory there at one time and there was an explosion but I can't seem to find out if it is haunted. Anything would be really helpful.

: Pam,

: A gunpowder factory existed at the bottom of the creek for Revolutionary War purposes. A spy that was actually a Loyalist blew it up in the late 1700's.

: Further up past the hollow, escaped slaves from the Underground Railroad hid out after the Civil War.

: Many people have hurt themselves swimming there while diving and in the 70's it was the place to party.

: Mike

Originally posted by Jessica Rounseville

: : Can anyone give me any information on Cotton Hollow in Glastonbury Ct? I can't seem to find out anything from old articles. I know there was a factory there at one time and there was an explosion but I can't seem to find out if it is haunted. Anything would be really helpful.
    : >>>I live in Glastonbury and I have been to the factory but I don't think it is haunted.

Originally posted by Mike

: Oh man, I was in your position at one time. I don't completely understand what kind of information you are looking for but this is what I've gathered in my search: There used to be a gun powder factory along the river. I believe there was an explosion and some casualties. There is a large stone structure still remaining in the woods, I am unsure if it is the powder mill, or a cotton factory that I have also heard about. Other foundations remain; dotting the trail following the river. Exploring the rock faces, I have discovered extremely old iron rods drilled into the face of the cliff...I have no idea what for. That's all I've got, and good luck in your search.

Originally posted by Jim

:

Thread Information