Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gebo Wyoming

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Gebo Wyoming

Originally posted by Dan Moore

: I am looking for information on Gebo Wyoming. My Grandmother was born there she is 87 and I would like any info about former residents of Gebo still living and any photos of Gebo past or present. THANKS!

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Gebo Wyoming

Originally posted by Mike Pavlich

: I am thinking about a trip to Gebo next spring. My father was born there in 1929.

Originally posted by Steve Bush

: My grandfather, Patrick Henry (P.H.) Burnell was the superintendent of the Owl Creek Coal Company in Gebo from 1926 through 1938.

: There is a restaurant in Thermopolis - and museum - that has pictures of Gebo circa 1910.

Originally posted by mary g

: I live on Sand Draw Rd just east of Gebo. There is a cemetary and some shells of old stone buildings and sidewalks. Most has been torn down due to squatters. Within the last few months graverobbers went into the cemetary and dug up several graves and took the coffin and body of a small child. Law Enforcement has no suspects and the local historical society has a reward up.

Originally posted by bonnie beck

: I am looking for information about the land. Is is privite or owed by goverment or who still owns the land?

Originally posted by Rosemary Snyder

:
    : : I am looking for information on Gebo Wyoming. My Grandmother was born there she is 87 and I would like any info about former residents of Gebo still living and any photos of Gebo past or present. THANKS!
    : My husband lived in Gebo from 1920 to 1928, he started school there and lived around there until he went to WWII. He is 84 and has a lot of memories of it, He is always interested to hear of any of the history of Gebo.

Originally posted by Eric Gebo

:
    : : My grandfather, Patrick Henry (P.H.) Burnell was the superintendent of the Owl Creek Coal Company in Gebo from 1926 through 1938.

: : There is a restaurant in Thermopolis - and museum - that has pictures of Gebo circa 1910.

Originally posted by Eric Gebo

:
    : : My grandfather, Patrick Henry (P.H.) Burnell was the superintendent of the Owl Creek Coal Company in Gebo from 1926 through 1938.

: : There is a restaurant in Thermopolis - and museum - that has pictures of Gebo circa 1910.

: The story I heard was my Great Uncle Sam Gebo founded Gebo, WY many moons ago and developed it into a mining community. As the story goes, Sam was a bit of a swindler.

Talking Gebo

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttowns.com
    Originally posted by Mike Pavlich

: I am thinking about a trip to Gebo next spring. My father was born there in

Mike...I visited Gebo just today. Definately drive a little more rugged vehicle than my cavalier! This was my first trip exploring a GT, and I really enjoyed it. Was sad to see all the bullet holes and burned timber though. Would make a great trip in the spring...easier to see where you're walking without all the snow. Get in touch if you would like to make it a group outing! Thanx!
    PS...I've also heard that the mine and cemetary are haunted, but I didn't experience anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttowns.com
    Originally posted by mary g

: I live on Sand Draw Rd just east of Gebo. There is a cemetary and some shells of old stone buildings and sidewalks. Most has been torn down due to squatters. Within the last few months graverobbers went into the cemetary and dug up several graves and took the coffin and body of a small child. Law Enforcement has no suspects and the local historical society has a reward up.
    Have there been any leads in the cemetary vandalism?

Thread Information