Thread: General information in Colorado

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default General information in Colorado

Originally posted by Fraser Ohlgren

: Greetings. I am thinking about taking a couple weeks this summer and exploring some sites in Colorado. I am curious about locations, etiquette, legalities, etc. Also, I am wondering if anyone has had luck finding primary source documentation about mining camps or railroad camps. I'm heading down to the colorado historical society to see what I can dig up. Ideas or advice welcome!!

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: General information in Colorado

Originally posted by Stephen-Ghost Town Photographer

: : Greetings. I am thinking about taking a couple weeks this summer and exploring some sites in Colorado. I am curious about locations, etiquette, legalities, etc. Also, I am wondering if anyone has had luck finding primary source documentation about mining camps or railroad camps. I'm heading down to the colorado historical society to see what I can dig up. Ideas or advice welcome!!

: Two books that I have used in my quests to find Colorado sites are: Ghost Towns of the Colorado Rockies and excellent resource with historic photos and somewhat contemporary images taken from approx the same camera angle or viewpoint as the original photos. The book is by Robert L. Brown and published by Claxton Printers. The second source is: Guide to Colorado Ghost Towns and Mining Camps, by Perry Eberhart. More sites listed, also maps and historic photos. Hope these help. Don't forget your camera and lots of film/picture cards.Enjoy and good hunting, Stephen

Default Re: General information in Colorado

Originally posted by bad bob

:

: : Greetings. I am thinking about taking a couple weeks this summer and exploring some sites in Colorado. I am curious about locations, etiquette, legalities, etc. Also, I am wondering if anyone has had luck finding primary source documentation about mining camps or railroad camps. I'm heading down to the colorado historical society to see what I can dig up. Ideas or advice welcome!!

: Ghost Towns of the Rockies--- part of a 3 volume set by Lambert Florin. Older B & W photos, & no maps, but Florin's a veteran gt'er and author.

: bb.

Thread Information