Thread: South Dakota

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default South Dakota

Originally posted by Lee Bryant

: I am going to Rapid City SD in May. Can anyone give me some help determinig the best ghosttowns to see while wI am there. I plan to spend at least 1 week in the area.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: South Dakota

Originally posted by bad bob

:

: : I am going to Rapid City SD in May. Can anyone give me some help determinig the best ghosttowns to see while wI am there. I plan to spend at least 1 week in the area.

: The Black Hills are packed with interesting ghosttowns, in spectacular forest settings. Some are famous, and easily accessible, others remotely obscure. Suggest you start by going to the SD page at this web site, and scroll thru the numerous places listed. Deadwood is a famous must-see, in the northern Hills, where Hickock and Calamity are buried at Mt Moriah. About midway is Hill City. Here you can ride the 1880 steam train to Keystone. Custer is near the southern end, & is the vicinity where Custer & the 7th had camped on his 1874 expedition to search for gold in the Black Hills. Rockerville was up for sale last time I was there.

: The other towns may not be famous, but are well worth visiting, just for the scenery alone. bb.

:

Default Re: South Dakota

Originally posted by Mike

: : I am going to Rapid City SD in May. Can anyone give me some help determinig the best ghosttowns to see while wI am there. I plan to spend at least 1 week in the area.

: You really need to check out Spokane. Use the directions on the site and look at the pictures I posted. This site is protected by the forest service and is not commercialized in any way. You can explore all over the area, on foot, and find a number or homes and the mine. The School/Church is worth the visit.

: Addie Mine is also interesting.

Thread Information