Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olinghouse Nv. - WARNING!!!!!!

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Olinghouse Nv. - WARNING!!!!!!

Originally posted by G. Fischer

: I just recently went to Olinghouse and had a very scary situation with people up their and stating issues regarding Trespassing. I have contacted BLM and discussed this issue with them extensivly, and feel everyone should be aware and warned. According to BLM, their are lots of unsettled issues, with the bankruptcy of a mining corp. that bought all the prop. from individuals, now others are coming in and patenting mining claims. Even though the access road is county maint. and is a right away, you cant even leave the road without possibly trespassing. According to 2 different sources within BLM, both had been in Gov. BLM vehicles, and areas that are known to be "public" and still they where run off and needed to obtain police intervention. It has been reported that some people have had shotguns pulled on them, and others like myself just warned and run off.

: Even though this ghost town has much to offer and is a great historic site, and the further into the canyon you go, it is suppose to even be more spectacular, it just simply is not worth the risk. SO BE ADVISED, ENTER THE AREA AT YOUR OWN RISK!! and be prepared for the old west mentality. Good luck ghosters...

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Olinghouse Nv. - WARNING!!!!!!

Originally posted by bad bob

:

: : I just recently went to Olinghouse and had a very scary situation with people up their and stating issues regarding Trespassing. I have contacted BLM and discussed this issue with them extensivly, and feel everyone should be aware and warned. According to BLM, their are lots of unsettled issues, with the bankruptcy of a mining corp. that bought all the prop. from individuals, now others are coming in and patenting mining claims. Even though the access road is county maint. and is a right away, you cant even leave the road without possibly trespassing. According to 2 different sources within BLM, both had been in Gov. BLM vehicles, and areas that are known to be "public" and still they where run off and needed to obtain police intervention. It has been reported that some people have had shotguns pulled on them, and others like myself just warned and run off.

: : Even though this ghost town has much to offer and is a great historic site, and the further into the canyon you go, it is suppose to even be more spectacular, it just simply is not worth the risk. SO BE ADVISED, ENTER THE AREA AT YOUR OWN RISK!! and be prepared for the old west mentality. Good luck ghosters...

: Wal, I dunno. Sounds like the bullies from school to me. And while I certainly wouldn't suggest an armed posse go in there and have a "chat" with the nice folk, it would be rather pleasant to read that the "property managers" have either been arrested, or "re-located" by persons unknown. It's one thing to confront an adult with a life-threatening warning, but for a child to witness such a thing, could have long-lasting effects, to say the least.

: bb.

: : Bad Bob,

: I agree that it would be great to see justice in the true sense of the old wild west, but not so certian that its realistic. I do very much agree that it was certianly not appropriate for the approach that was taken, with my son their. I suppose that is what really upset me the most and raised the hairs on the back of my neck. I think the one good thing that helped to keep it calm was that I had my 9mm on my side and in visible sight, which in turn let the guy know he should be cautious, which was acurate on his part as I would do what ever is necessary to protect my 8 year old son. None the less though I think it is still very wrong that people like that keep the public or limited access to a great historic site, especially, since they are disapearing rather fast. It is really sad that my son was not able to see this town, as it had so much to offer, we didnt even get 1 picture of him their. You should have seen the look on his face, so disappointed, upset, and making statements like, we drove for 4 hours to come to this place, and we have to just leave right NOW!, I didnt even get to look around dad, why was that guy so mean to us? These where all justifiable questions and statements by my son. I would love to be able to return to that town with a fully armed group, and take control of the situation, and have the opportunity to view some really great history.

:

: : : Bad Bob,

: : I agree that it would be great to see justice in the true sense of the old wild west, but not so certian that its realistic. I do very much agree that it was certianly not appropriate for the approach that was taken, with my son their. I suppose that is what really upset me the most and raised the hairs on the back of my neck. I think the one good thing that helped to keep it calm was that I had my 9mm on my side and in visible sight, which in turn let the guy know he should be cautious, which was acurate on his part as I would do what ever is necessary to protect my 8 year old son. None the less though I think it is still very wrong that people like that keep the public or limited access to a great historic site, especially, since they are disapearing rather fast. It is really sad that my son was not able to see this town, as it had so much to offer, we didnt even get 1 picture of him their. You should have seen the look on his face, so disappointed, upset, and making statements like, we drove for 4 hours to come to this place, and we have to just leave right NOW!, I didnt even get to look around dad, why was that guy so mean to us? These where all justifiable questions and statements by my son. I would love to be able to return to that town with a fully armed group, and take control of the situation, and have the opportunity to view some really great history.

: G----

: Not only is it realistic, but I would guess highly

: probable. Perhaps someone reading this bbs may take offense to some yahoo blocking access to an historical site. Whether or not the "guard" is within his rights matters little. The point is that this moron has made 2 severe mistakes. First, he warned (armed), that you were to stay out of the area, which was an access to a ghost town, and 2nd, he brandished his armed warning in front of a small child. (BTW, usually there is more than one way into a town. Could this gt be entered from another direction?) Unless someone has bought this place, this guy has no legal right to warn you away. But, presuming he had the drop on you, and with your child present, even if you were armed, I believe you made the right decision.

: Again, I am not suggesting an armed posse go in there blasting. There are other more peaceful methods to try first, after learning who actually owns the town, if anybody. The county sheriff may be interested to know what's going on. And if the town is owned privately, there may be a way to get permission from the owner without being shot at.

: Bad Bob

: Im not sure if their is any other way into the town, especially since I think its sets back into a canyon, according to BLM they say that the most recent mining Corp. bought all the private owners out, but this mining Corp just went belly up, so everything is in limbo. Also according to BLM they where not real sure what or if the sheriff would do to assist. I CAN SAY THAT IF THE OPPORTUNITY AFFORDED ITS SELF TO ME TO GO INTO THIS TOWN I WOULD CERTINALY DO SO!!!!! AND OF COURSE THE MORE THE MERRIER....LAUGHING. No Im not saying to go in a blazing, bullets flying every which way, but certianly, the presents of numbers is much the better than one with a child. I dont know if I can say the "guard" caught me off guard, but really surprised me that everything happened, lots of thoughts ran through my mind instantly, but of course my sons safety took priority, and so rather than fight or shot it out, just left and all the time being knowing he and I where safe. If you hear of a group that is wanting to take the trip up their all at one time, I sure would love to hear about it and participate. Would love to see the look on the "guards" face when I re-appear, but not alone....<grin>.

Originally posted by G.Fischer

: :

: : : : Bad Bob,

: : : I agree that it would be great to see justice in the true sense of the old wild west, but not so certian that its realistic. I do very much agree that it was certianly not appropriate for the approach that was taken, with my son their. I suppose that is what really upset me the most and raised the hairs on the back of my neck. I think the one good thing that helped to keep it calm was that I had my 9mm on my side and in visible sight, which in turn let the guy know he should be cautious, which was acurate on his part as I would do what ever is necessary to protect my 8 year old son. None the less though I think it is still very wrong that people like that keep the public or limited access to a great historic site, especially, since they are disapearing rather fast. It is really sad that my son was not able to see this town, as it had so much to offer, we didnt even get 1 picture of him their. You should have seen the look on his face, so disappointed, upset, and making statements like, we drove for 4 hours to come to this place, and we have to just leave right NOW!, I didnt even get to look around dad, why was that guy so mean to us? These where all justifiable questions and statements by my son. I would love to be able to return to that town with a fully armed group, and take control of the situation, and have the opportunity to view some really great history.

: : G----

: : Not only is it realistic, but I would guess highly

: : probable. Perhaps someone reading this bbs may take offense to some yahoo blocking access to an historical site. Whether or not the "guard" is within his rights matters little. The point is that this moron has made 2 severe mistakes. First, he warned (armed), that you were to stay out of the area, which was an access to a ghost town, and 2nd, he brandished his armed warning in front of a small child. (BTW, usually there is more than one way into a town. Could this gt be entered from another direction?) Unless someone has bought this place, this guy has no legal right to warn you away. But, presuming he had the drop on you, and with your child present, even if you were armed, I believe you made the right decision.

: : Again, I am not suggesting an armed posse go in there blasting. There are other more peaceful methods to try first, after learning who actually owns the town, if anybody. The county sheriff may be interested to know what's going on. And if the town is owned privately, there may be a way to get permission from the owner without being shot at.

: : bb.

: Bad Bob

: According to BLM the town or private owners where bought out by a Private Mining Corp, but the Mining Corp went belly up and is in Bankruptcy, so every thing is in limbo. Im not certian about a back way in especially since the town sets in a canyon. Regarding a group of people going to this town, well I must admit, I WOULD CERTIANLY JUMP AT THE CHANCE TO REVISIT THIS TOWN IF THE OPPORTUNITY AFFORDED ITS SELF. I do agree with you that we should not go in a blazen, and bullets flying every which direction, but it would certianly be much different with a large group, vs. one and a child. If you hear any groups building up for a trip I would be interested very much, and would love to see the face on the jerk when I re-appear, but not alone...grin

Default Re: Olinghouse Nv. VERY CURIOUS!

:

: : :

: : : : : Bad Bob,

: : : : I agree that it would be great to see justice in the true sense of the old wild west, but not so certian that its realistic. I do very much agree that it was certianly not appropriate for the approach that was taken, with my son their. I suppose that is what really upset me the most and raised the hairs on the back of my neck. I think the one good thing that helped to keep it calm was that I had my 9mm on my side and in visible sight, which in turn let the guy know he should be cautious, which was acurate on his part as I would do what ever is necessary to protect my 8 year old son. None the less though I think it is still very wrong that people like that keep the public or limited access to a great historic site, especially, since they are disapearing rather fast. It is really sad that my son was not able to see this town, as it had so much to offer, we didnt even get 1 picture of him their. You should have seen the look on his face, so disappointed, upset, and making statements like, we drove for 4 hours to come to this place, and we have to just leave right NOW!, I didnt even get to look around dad, why was that guy so mean to us? These where all justifiable questions and statements by my son. I would love to be able to return to that town with a fully armed group, and take control of the situation, and have the opportunity to view some really great history.

: : : G----

: : : Not only is it realistic, but I would guess highly

: : : probable. Perhaps someone reading this bbs may take offense to some yahoo blocking access to an historical site. Whether or not the "guard" is within his rights matters little. The point is that this moron has made 2 severe mistakes. First, he warned (armed), that you were to stay out of the area, which was an access to a ghost town, and 2nd, he brandished his armed warning in front of a small child. (BTW, usually there is more than one way into a town. Could this gt be entered from another direction?) Unless someone has bought this place, this guy has no legal right to warn you away. But, presuming he had the drop on you, and with your child present, even if you were armed, I believe you made the right decision.

: : : Again, I am not suggesting an armed posse go in there blasting. There are other more peaceful methods to try first, after learning who actually owns the town, if anybody. The county sheriff may be interested to know what's going on. And if the town is owned privately, there may be a way to get permission from the owner without being shot at.

: : : bb.

: : Bad Bob

: : According to BLM the town or private owners where bought out by a Private Mining Corp, but the Mining Corp went belly up and is in Bankruptcy, so every thing is in limbo. Im not certian about a back way in especially since the town sets in a canyon. Regarding a group of people going to this town, well I must admit, I WOULD CERTIANLY JUMP AT THE CHANCE TO REVISIT THIS TOWN IF THE OPPORTUNITY AFFORDED ITS SELF. I do agree with you that we should not go in a blazen, and bullets flying every which direction, but it would certianly be much different with a large group, vs. one and a child. If you hear any groups building up for a trip I would be interested very much, and would love to see the face on the jerk when I re-appear, but not alone...grin

: G---

: I'm curious about a couple of things. One is what are these goons so interested in protecting up there? Does it have to do with the mining operation, or is there a drug lab they're trying to cover? And second, why was there an indication that the county sheriff didn't want to get involved? Has anyone tried to notify him/her? Before anyone gets hurt (on either side), I would

: visit the sheriff in person, and relate exactly what happened to you and your son. Usually this is enough to at least make the sheriff wonder what's going on, if he/she doesn't already know. If not, hopefully he/she will radio a deputy nearest the location, and have that deputy check it out. My guess is that officers may be so bored up there, they'd jump at the chance for some real action, especially if they could get in a shootout and/or some target practice. Whaddaya think? Anybody? One final thought: if a group decides to go in there, and the road is dirt or gravel, the goon(s) may spot your dust from a distance, and signal your arrival. This would not be good!

: Stay alert, keep yer bums low, and have plans B, C, and D ready. Outflanking or surrounding is always good!

Default Re: Olinghouse Nv. DEAD SHERIFF!

: : : :

: : : : : : Bad Bob,

: : : : : I agree that it would be great to see justice in the true sense of the old wild west, but not so certian that its realistic. I do very much agree that it was certianly not appropriate for the approach that was taken, with my son their. I suppose that is what really upset me the most and raised the hairs on the back of my neck. I think the one good thing that helped to keep it calm was that I had my 9mm on my side and in visible sight, which in turn let the guy know he should be cautious, which was acurate on his part as I would do what ever is necessary to protect my 8 year old son. None the less though I think it is still very wrong that people like that keep the public or limited access to a great historic site, especially, since they are disapearing rather fast. It is really sad that my son was not able to see this town, as it had so much to offer, we didnt even get 1 picture of him their. You should have seen the look on his face, so disappointed, upset, and making statements like, we drove for 4 hours to come to this place, and we have to just leave right NOW!, I didnt even get to look around dad, why was that guy so mean to us? These where all justifiable questions and statements by my son. I would love to be able to return to that town with a fully armed group, and take control of the situation, and have the opportunity to view some really great history.

: : : : G----

: : : : Not only is it realistic, but I would guess highly

: : : : probable. Perhaps someone reading this bbs may take offense to some yahoo blocking access to an historical site. Whether or not the "guard" is within his rights matters little. The point is that this moron has made 2 severe mistakes. First, he warned (armed), that you were to stay out of the area, which was an access to a ghost town, and 2nd, he brandished his armed warning in front of a small child. (BTW, usually there is more than one way into a town. Could this gt be entered from another direction?) Unless someone has bought this place, this guy has no legal right to warn you away. But, presuming he had the drop on you, and with your child present, even if you were armed, I believe you made the right decision.

: : : : Again, I am not suggesting an armed posse go in there blasting. There are other more peaceful methods to try first, after learning who actually owns the town, if anybody. The county sheriff may be interested to know what's going on. And if the town is owned privately, there may be a way to get permission from the owner without being shot at.

: : : : bb.

: : : Bad Bob

: : : According to BLM the town or private owners where bought out by a Private Mining Corp, but the Mining Corp went belly up and is in Bankruptcy, so every thing is in limbo. Im not certian about a back way in especially since the town sets in a canyon. Regarding a group of people going to this town, well I must admit, I WOULD CERTIANLY JUMP AT THE CHANCE TO REVISIT THIS TOWN IF THE OPPORTUNITY AFFORDED ITS SELF. I do agree with you that we should not go in a blazen, and bullets flying every which direction, but it would certianly be much different with a large group, vs. one and a child. If you hear any groups building up for a trip I would be interested very much, and would love to see the face on the jerk when I re-appear, but not alone...grin

: : G---

: : I'm curious about a couple of things. One is what are these goons so interested in protecting up there? Does it have to do with the mining operation, or is there a drug lab they're trying to cover? And second, why was there an indication that the county sheriff didn't want to get involved? Has anyone tried to notify him/her? Before anyone gets hurt (on either side), I would

: : visit the sheriff in person, and relate exactly what happened to you and your son. Usually this is enough to at least make the sheriff wonder what's going on, if he/she doesn't already know. If not, hopefully he/she will radio a deputy nearest the location, and have that deputy check it out. My guess is that officers may be so bored up there, they'd jump at the chance for some real action, especially if they could get in a shootout and/or some target practice. Whaddaya think? Anybody? One final thought: if a group decides to go in there, and the road is dirt or gravel, the goon(s) may spot your dust from a distance, and signal your arrival. This would not be good!

: : Stay alert, keep yer bums low, and have plans B, C, and D ready. Outflanking or surrounding is always good!

: BB----

: I hear what you are saying, according to BLM personnel they said the local sheriff really doesnt want to get involved as he/she doesnt really know whats going on and would most likely not take any sides and just make us leave. so much for the word justice in the modern day erra. Regarding what is so valuable up their, **** I dont know, but I know that this whole situation is not right.

Default Re: Olinghouse Nv. DEAD SHERIFF!

:

: : :

: : : : :

: : : : : : : Bad Bob,

: : : : : : I agree that it would be great to see justice in the true sense of the old wild west, but not so certian that its realistic. I do very much agree that it was certianly not appropriate for the approach that was taken, with my son their. I suppose that is what really upset me the most and raised the hairs on the back of my neck. I think the one good thing that helped to keep it calm was that I had my 9mm on my side and in visible sight, which in turn let the guy know he should be cautious, which was acurate on his part as I would do what ever is necessary to protect my 8 year old son. None the less though I think it is still very wrong that people like that keep the public or limited access to a great historic site, especially, since they are disapearing rather fast. It is really sad that my son was not able to see this town, as it had so much to offer, we didnt even get 1 picture of him their. You should have seen the look on his face, so disappointed, upset, and making statements like, we drove for 4 hours to come to this place, and we have to just leave right NOW!, I didnt even get to look around dad, why was that guy so mean to us? These where all justifiable questions and statements by my son. I would love to be able to return to that town with a fully armed group, and take control of the situation, and have the opportunity to view some really great history.

: : : : : G----

: : : : : Not only is it realistic, but I would guess highly

: : : : : probable. Perhaps someone reading this bbs may take offense to some yahoo blocking access to an historical site. Whether or not the "guard" is within his rights matters little. The point is that this moron has made 2 severe mistakes. First, he warned (armed), that you were to stay out of the area, which was an access to a ghost town, and 2nd, he brandished his armed warning in front of a small child. (BTW, usually there is more than one way into a town. Could this gt be entered from another direction?) Unless someone has bought this place, this guy has no legal right to warn you away. But, presuming he had the drop on you, and with your child present, even if you were armed, I believe you made the right decision.

: : : : : Again, I am not suggesting an armed posse go in there blasting. There are other more peaceful methods to try first, after learning who actually owns the town, if anybody. The county sheriff may be interested to know what's going on. And if the town is owned privately, there may be a way to get permission from the owner without being shot at.

: : : : : bb.

: : : : Bad Bob

: : : : According to BLM the town or private owners where bought out by a Private Mining Corp, but the Mining Corp went belly up and is in Bankruptcy, so every thing is in limbo. Im not certian about a back way in especially since the town sets in a canyon. Regarding a group of people going to this town, well I must admit, I WOULD CERTIANLY JUMP AT THE CHANCE TO REVISIT THIS TOWN IF THE OPPORTUNITY AFFORDED ITS SELF. I do agree with you that we should not go in a blazen, and bullets flying every which direction, but it would certianly be much different with a large group, vs. one and a child. If you hear any groups building up for a trip I would be interested very much, and would love to see the face on the jerk when I re-appear, but not alone...grin

: : : G---

: : : I'm curious about a couple of things. One is what are these goons so interested in protecting up there? Does it have to do with the mining operation, or is there a drug lab they're trying to cover? And second, why was there an indication that the county sheriff didn't want to get involved? Has anyone tried to notify him/her? Before anyone gets hurt (on either side), I would

: : : visit the sheriff in person, and relate exactly what happened to you and your son. Usually this is enough to at least make the sheriff wonder what's going on, if he/she doesn't already know. If not, hopefully he/she will radio a deputy nearest the location, and have that deputy check it out. My guess is that officers may be so bored up there, they'd jump at the chance for some real action, especially if they could get in a shootout and/or some target practice. Whaddaya think? Anybody? One final thought: if a group decides to go in there, and the road is dirt or gravel, the goon(s) may spot your dust from a distance, and signal your arrival. This would not be good!

: : : Stay alert, keep yer bums low, and have plans B, C, and D ready. Outflanking or surrounding is always good!

: : : bb.

: : BB----

: : I hear what you are saying, according to BLM personnel they said the local sheriff really doesnt want to get involved as he/she doesnt really know whats going on and would most likely not take any sides and just make us leave. so much for the word justice in the modern day erra. Regarding what is so valuable up their, **** I dont know, but I know that this whole situation is not right.

: G---

: Just thinking outloud----don't know if such a good idea to take kids into a possibly dangerous venue, without at least sending some scouts forward first. Also hard (but not impossible) to believe that the area law enforcement is "benign".

: BLM may have an axe to grind with the local law, and may use every chance to give them a negative spin. You do what you have to do, but it would be nice to have the law clear the path prior. I appreciate the invite, and would LOVE to join the group, but impossible to get away anytime soon. (I promise to send my spirit though!!!!). My best advice is to just continue to co-ordinate here like you're doing and plan for all scenarios. Last time I guess there was one guard, this time there may be a carload of them. I do hope you will post updates to keep me/us informed, and of course, post the "final results"..... I mean "end results"...I mean....well, you know what I mean.

Default Re: Olinghouse Nv. Another Good Point

: : : :

: : : : : :

: : : : : : : : Bad Bob,

: : : : : : : I agree that it would be great to see justice in the true sense of the old wild west, but not so certian that its realistic. I do very much agree that it was certianly not appropriate for the approach that was taken, with my son their. I suppose that is what really upset me the most and raised the hairs on the back of my neck. I think the one good thing that helped to keep it calm was that I had my 9mm on my side and in visible sight, which in turn let the guy know he should be cautious, which was acurate on his part as I would do what ever is necessary to protect my 8 year old son. None the less though I think it is still very wrong that people like that keep the public or limited access to a great historic site, especially, since they are disapearing rather fast. It is really sad that my son was not able to see this town, as it had so much to offer, we didnt even get 1 picture of him their. You should have seen the look on his face, so disappointed, upset, and making statements like, we drove for 4 hours to come to this place, and we have to just leave right NOW!, I didnt even get to look around dad, why was that guy so mean to us? These where all justifiable questions and statements by my son. I would love to be able to return to that town with a fully armed group, and take control of the situation, and have the opportunity to view some really great history.

: : : : : : G----

: : : : : : Not only is it realistic, but I would guess highly

: : : : : : probable. Perhaps someone reading this bbs may take offense to some yahoo blocking access to an historical site. Whether or not the "guard" is within his rights matters little. The point is that this moron has made 2 severe mistakes. First, he warned (armed), that you were to stay out of the area, which was an access to a ghost town, and 2nd, he brandished his armed warning in front of a small child. (BTW, usually there is more than one way into a town. Could this gt be entered from another direction?) Unless someone has bought this place, this guy has no legal right to warn you away. But, presuming he had the drop on you, and with your child present, even if you were armed, I believe you made the right decision.

: : : : : : Again, I am not suggesting an armed posse go in there blasting. There are other more peaceful methods to try first, after learning who actually owns the town, if anybody. The county sheriff may be interested to know what's going on. And if the town is owned privately, there may be a way to get permission from the owner without being shot at.

: : : : : : bb.

: : : : : Bad Bob

: : : : : According to BLM the town or private owners where bought out by a Private Mining Corp, but the Mining Corp went belly up and is in Bankruptcy, so every thing is in limbo. Im not certian about a back way in especially since the town sets in a canyon. Regarding a group of people going to this town, well I must admit, I WOULD CERTIANLY JUMP AT THE CHANCE TO REVISIT THIS TOWN IF THE OPPORTUNITY AFFORDED ITS SELF. I do agree with you that we should not go in a blazen, and bullets flying every which direction, but it would certianly be much different with a large group, vs. one and a child. If you hear any groups building up for a trip I would be interested very much, and would love to see the face on the jerk when I re-appear, but not alone...grin

: : : : G---

: : : : I'm curious about a couple of things. One is what are these goons so interested in protecting up there? Does it have to do with the mining operation, or is there a drug lab they're trying to cover? And second, why was there an indication that the county sheriff didn't want to get involved? Has anyone tried to notify him/her? Before anyone gets hurt (on either side), I would

: : : : visit the sheriff in person, and relate exactly what happened to you and your son. Usually this is enough to at least make the sheriff wonder what's going on, if he/she doesn't already know. If not, hopefully he/she will radio a deputy nearest the location, and have that deputy check it out. My guess is that officers may be so bored up there, they'd jump at the chance for some real action, especially if they could get in a shootout and/or some target practice. Whaddaya think? Anybody? One final thought: if a group decides to go in there, and the road is dirt or gravel, the goon(s) may spot your dust from a distance, and signal your arrival. This would not be good!

: : : : Stay alert, keep yer bums low, and have plans B, C, and D ready. Outflanking or surrounding is always good!

: : : : bb.

: : : BB----

: : : I hear what you are saying, according to BLM personnel they said the local sheriff really doesnt want to get involved as he/she doesnt really know whats going on and would most likely not take any sides and just make us leave. so much for the word justice in the modern day erra. Regarding what is so valuable up their, **** I dont know, but I know that this whole situation is not right.

: : G---

: : Just thinking outloud----don't know if such a good idea to take kids into a possibly dangerous venue, without at least sending some scouts forward first. Also hard (but not impossible) to believe that the area law enforcement is "benign".

: : BLM may have an axe to grind with the local law, and may use every chance to give them a negative spin. You do what you have to do, but it would be nice to have the law clear the path prior. I appreciate the invite, and would LOVE to join the group, but impossible to get away anytime soon. (I promise to send my spirit though!!!!). My best advice is to just continue to co-ordinate here like you're doing and plan for all scenarios. Last time I guess there was one guard, this time there may be a carload of them. I do hope you will post updates to keep me/us informed, and of course, post the "final results"..... I mean "end results"...I mean....well, you know what I mean.

: BAD BOB,

: Well now I know why your bab bob, because you come up with some great thoughts, like the scout thing. I totally agree, thus being the reason why we would have cb's if at all possible. Hold the women and children to the rear while us men folk go take a looks see, then radio in for the troops to move forward... Seriously I know caution is the the better part of valer (sp) in this situation and I plan on being smart not stupid if at all possible, thus being the reason that I am putting everyones email address into my system and doing bulk mailings and single mailings to coordinate and plan for the event. Currently we are growing in numbers, and that is a good thing, I would love to see around a total of 20 people or more that would be 2 people to a car making for 10 cars/trucks etc... that would be a pretty impressive statement, and dont think many would approach it. Kinda like the hells angels on their bikes you see one and you think no big deal, but see 20 or 50 bikes you think twice maybe three times and walk a wide berth around them. Please keep up your tips and ideas as they are useful and I am greatfull for your input.

Thread Information