Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olinghouse Rally

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Olinghouse NV - GROUP TRIP?

Originally posted by G.Fischer

: Ok Everyone,

: As Im sure you have been following the sogga of Olinghouse, which involved me and my 8 year old son, I would like to be able to cordinate a trip back their, but with others of course. I openly admit I do not have a lot of experience to ghost town hunting/exploring and my resources are limited, but Im willing to learn and have been doing my best to get up to speed, not only with this situation but just in general. Of course I think it is smart to say I dont want to go in shooting up the town and taking it over in that way, and from sources in BLM, the local sheriff is not likely to get involved to help me or anyone else out. I do think its a sham that such a great historic site be withheld from people like ourselves that just want to appreciate it for what it is. I dont have a problem being the coordinator, but like mentioned before I dont have the information or resources readily available to do everything, i.e. maps, and background info. your feed back would be great and hopefully we can enjoy this town as we all like to do. Let me know

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Olinghouse

Originally posted by Doug

: I am interested in the trip to this great ghost town so if it takes place please let me know Doug

Default Re: Olinghouse

Originally posted by LYNDA

: it just so happens that 4 of us from Susanville were planning on a

: trip to Olinghouse next week end(4/14)when I read the warning. I have been there

: before a couple of years ago and had no trouble.Now that the situation has changed

: i would prefer to wait for a group. Count us in.

Default olinghouse

Originally posted by Doug

: Lynda its been a long time since we talked. you informed me about the streets and trips program about a year ago one that i have found very helpful by the way. I hope we can finally meet. Doug someday ill learn how to do a follow up but dont count on it

Default OLINGHOUSE **EASTER EGG HUNT - REGATTA**

: Hello all,

: Well looks like we may have the makings for a trip to Olinghouse, as I see a couple of people interested, but would like to see some more to join on the trip. You know the big bang effect. Regarding some dates.... I personally think it would be fitting to have our Easter egg hunt up in Olinghouse this year, which would make it a great date to remember the day the public took the town back. Who knows might even turn into an annual festival...laughing. On the seriouse side, their is much to be planned though, as Bad Bob mentioned we need to have some game plans, look at BLM maps, possible different routes, etc... It sounds as if Linda has much more information than I regarding the town as I never made it all the way into the canyon, so Linda could be a great source for information. Ok Gang, we only have a week to get this all together so contact your ghoster buddies, get your selfs together, get the eggs colored, and lets get our heads together and make this thing work. YOU CAN ALL EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT "mrguy33@yahoo.com" I CHECK MY EMAIL THROUGHOUT EACH AND EVERY DAY AND WILL KEEP IN CONTACT WITH EACH OF YOU THAT WRITE TO ME. I hope that this can workout and BAD BOB why dont you join in on the trip as well. One thing to keep in mind all, this is NOT the O.K. CORRAL, armed is good, but patience and even tempers is best, NO HOT HEADS!, AND YES MY 8 YEAR OLD SON WILL BE THEIR. It is only fitting he finally gets to see the town. I really look forward to hearing from everyone.

Default Re: OLINGHOUSE **EASTER EGG HUNT - REGATTA**

Originally posted by eric

: : Hello all,

: : Well looks like we may have the makings for a trip to Olinghouse, as I see a couple of people interested, but would like to see some more to join on the trip. You know the big bang effect. Regarding some dates.... I personally think it would be fitting to have our Easter egg hunt up in Olinghouse this year, which would make it a great date to remember the day the public took the town back. Who knows might even turn into an annual festival...laughing. On the seriouse side, their is much to be planned though, as Bad Bob mentioned we need to have some game plans, look at BLM maps, possible different routes, etc... It sounds as if Linda has much more information than I regarding the town as I never made it all the way into the canyon, so Linda could be a great source for information. Ok Gang, we only have a week to get this all together so contact your ghoster buddies, get your selfs together, get the eggs colored, and lets get our heads together and make this thing work. YOU CAN ALL EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT "mrguy33@yahoo.com" I CHECK MY EMAIL THROUGHOUT EACH AND EVERY DAY AND WILL KEEP IN CONTACT WITH EACH OF YOU THAT WRITE TO ME. I hope that this can workout and BAD BOB why dont you join in on the trip as well. One thing to keep in mind all, this is NOT the O.K. CORRAL, armed is good, but patience and even tempers is best, NO HOT HEADS!, AND YES MY 8 YEAR OLD SON WILL BE THEIR. It is only fitting he finally gets to see the town. I really look forward to hearing from everyone.

: hello fischer

: my nameis eric,i'm lynda's son.I live in Susanville.now we want to go out to olinghouse this weekend (4-14).wee gathering info for the trip.Can you tell me the name of the blm office that you talk to.I called the carson city office but did not get much from them.They are sending me a land use map that should tell us what is private and what is public.sSo if you know the name of the town that the blm office you talked to that might help us

: So far we have 4 adults w/kids,and 2 4x4's ready to go for this sat.I will keep doing my homework this week to get us ready .

Default Re: OLINGHOUSE **EASTER EGG HUNT - REGATTA** BLM Offices

Originally posted by G. Fischer

: : : Hello all,

: : : Well looks like we may have the makings for a trip to Olinghouse, as I see a couple of people interested, but would like to see some more to join on the trip. You know the big bang effect. Regarding some dates.... I personally think it would be fitting to have our Easter egg hunt up in Olinghouse this year, which would make it a great date to remember the day the public took the town back. Who knows might even turn into an annual festival...laughing. On the seriouse side, their is much to be planned though, as Bad Bob mentioned we need to have some game plans, look at BLM maps, possible different routes, etc... It sounds as if Linda has much more information than I regarding the town as I never made it all the way into the canyon, so Linda could be a great source for information. Ok Gang, we only have a week to get this all together so contact your ghoster buddies, get your selfs together, get the eggs colored, and lets get our heads together and make this thing work. YOU CAN ALL EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT "mrguy33@yahoo.com" I CHECK MY EMAIL THROUGHOUT EACH AND EVERY DAY AND WILL KEEP IN CONTACT WITH EACH OF YOU THAT WRITE TO ME. I hope that this can workout and BAD BOB why dont you join in on the trip as well. One thing to keep in mind all, this is NOT the O.K. CORRAL, armed is good, but patience and even tempers is best, NO HOT HEADS!, AND YES MY 8 YEAR OLD SON WILL BE THEIR. It is only fitting he finally gets to see the town. I really look forward to hearing from everyone.

: : hello fischer

: : My name is eric,i'm lynda's son.I live in Susanville.now we want to go out to olinghouse this weekend (4-14).We are gathering info for the trip.Can you tell me the name of the blm office that you talk to.I called the carson city office but did not get much from them.They are sending me a land use map that should tell us what is private and what is public.So if you know the name of the town that the blm office you talked to that might help us

: : So far we have 4 adults w/kids,and 2 4x4's ready to go for this sat.I will keep doing my homework this week to get us ready .

: Eric,

: Nice to hear from you, I spoke with 2 BLM offices, one in Sparks and also Carson City. You can talk to the "right away or lands dept." which is what I did. In Carson City I spoke with a lady Named "JO" as well as a guy buy the name of Neal Brecheisen (775-885-6121) Neal is a geologist for BLM. I dont remember the name of the lady from Sparks.

Default Olinghouse Rally

: Hi everyone,

: Well seems that easter sunday maybe difficult for some or many, so we have a couple of choices and need all your inputs. We could do the Rally on Saturday 4-14 and meet at Wadsworth no later than 1pm, and then move on into Olinghouse, which is only a couple miles down the road, or we can schedule it for the following weekend. I am totally up for this saturday if we can meet at 1pm. Please give your feed back, we would like as many as possible to attend.

Default Re: Olinghouse Rally

Originally posted by Lynda

: I Have spoken to Eric(THE E MAN)and I am also

: replying for the other 2 in Susanville. We could

: do make it Sat. or the following Sun(4-22) at 1pm

: or earlier. We could not come on Sat. 4-21 as Eric

: has school. Hope this will fit in with the other

: attendees. We will also have children. 2 vehicles.

: Furthermore I have been to Olinghouse but I am far

: from an expert on this area.

Default Re: Olinghouse Rally

: : I Have spoken to Eric(THE E MAN)and I am also

: : replying for the other 2 in Susanville. We could

: : do make it Sat. or the following Sun(4-22) at 1pm

: : or earlier. We could not come on Sat. 4-21 as Eric

: : has school. Hope this will fit in with the other

: : attendees. We will also have children. 2 vehicles.

: : Furthermore I have been to Olinghouse but I am far

: : from an expert on this area.

: Lynda-

: Thanks for the input, I have sent a mailing out to everyone again trying to coordinate the date and time, this is difficult with so many people, of course I want you all to come on the trip and doing everyhting I can to assure as many as possible to be able to attend. Additionally, Ijust figured since you had been to Olinghouse, and many of us have not that does make you the resident expert....chuckle. Any insight information about the town and how it is layed out from your memories would be appreciated thanks so much.

Thread Information