Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gilmore Idaho

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Gilmore Idaho

Originally posted by sam

: I live in idaho some what near gilmore and want to get any info i can on it. I really don't know much about that ghost town and if anybody has any information on it it would be a real help to me. thanks a ton, sam

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Gilmore Idaho

Originally posted by Lynda

: I don't know much but gold was discovered in the

: 1870s. I think later they also mined silver & lead.

: Problems of remoteness made getting products to

: market difficult. The mines are up an old road in

: back of the town. In the early 1900s a railroad was

: put thro to Gilmore called the "Gilmore-Pittsburg RR"

: The tracks were all taken up for scrap.After that

: the town prospered until the depression.Do you know

: where the cemetery is?

: : I live in idaho some what near gilmore and want to get any info i can on it. I really don't know much about that ghost town and if anybody has any information on it it would be a real help to me. thanks a ton, sam

Default Re: Gilmore Idaho

Originally posted by elizabeth

: hello!

: i am so excited to have found someone that knows about gilmore. i am also looking for information and pictures of gilmore. i am 20 and lived there when i was a baby. it's my favorite place to go. my grandparents and father mined gold there in the early 80's. i would love to chat with you! e-mail me!

: elizabeth

Default gimore

your best bet for getting information is talking to doyl hammon i believe he still lives in roberts idaho he and his family bought the spencer place....(i think that was the homestead name) **** moll used to live untill a few years ago when he was found frozen over the winter ( so to those that say no-one lived there since the forties...well that is just not so,....he wrote a book on the place (i have a copy) but i don't know if it wsa ever published...the semetary is just down from the P.I. mine on the main road to the lake.

Default My family is from Gilmore

My dad was born in Gilmore on Dec. 1, 1917. His father's name was Alfred Harris who ran a mercantile and the post office. My father's, grandfather,John Wheeler Harris, worked on the Gilmore-Pittsburg Railraod. My father's mother's family were the Neville's who also lived in Gilmore. Our family album has many pictures of Gilmore taken around the time of my dad's birtth. My dad's uncle, Wayne Neville, told me a story of how he and his horse "Billy Sunday" crashed through the front window of the hotel. He said he named the horse after the preacher because he was a "knot head of a horse."

Default Gilmore

My mother and her sister and brother were raised for a bit in Gilmore. Infact my Uncle Bud wrote a story for a magazine about Gilmore. I was thrilled to find a discussion on this town here. I am now a member of this board. My mothers name was Mildred King. Her brother and sister are Bud, (Sam) and Catherine (Mary) King. If anyone would like to see the story let me know. I can mail it to you in snail mail.

Dixie

Hello Dixie, I would very much like to see your uncles's story about Gilmore. If you could snail it to me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
    Craig Harris
    22901 34th Ave W.
    Brier, WA 98036

Here's a newspaper article that discusses some of the mining activity around Gilmore.

http://udn.lib.utah.edu/cdm4/documen...OW=6768&REC=19

Default gilmore idaho.

Hi Sam, I'm new at this, but my Grandmother and Grandfather, and Mother lived in Gilmore for a time back in 1906 ish. My Grandfather Joe Williams was a horse rancher, used to catch and tame wild horses. They also lived in Leadore, and my Mom was born in Lewisville, Idaho in 1906.

: I live in idaho some what near gilmore and want to get any info i can on it. I really don't know much about that ghost town and if anybody has any information on it it would be a real help to me. thanks a ton, sam[/quote]

Default Mark Blodgett - Gilmore, Idaho

Craig Harris, My Grandfather and Grandmother, and Mother lived in Gilmore back in the early 1900's. Joe Williams (grandfather) was a horse rancher. He used to catch wild horses and tame them. He may have had his ranches in Leadore and Lewisville too. My Mom was born in Lewisville in 1906. My sister Marlene was up in Gilmore and took some pictures about 10 years ago and talked with a guy that was one of the miners back in the day. Don't have his name though. Mark

My dad was born in Gilmore on Dec. 1, 1917. His father's name was Alfred Harris who ran a mercantile and the post office. My father's, grandfather,John Wheeler Harris, worked on the Gilmore-Pittsburg Railraod. My father's mother's family were the Neville's who also lived in Gilmore. Our family album has many pictures of Gilmore taken around the time of my dad's birtth. My dad's uncle, Wayne Neville, told me a story of how he and his horse "Billy Sunday" crashed through the front window of the hotel. He said he named the horse after the preacher because he was a "knot head of a horse."[/quote]

Thread Information