Thread: Oregon ghost town

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Oregon ghost town

Originally posted by cowgirl

: Does anyone know detailed how to's to get to a cemetery in a gone town called Roberts Oregon. It is near Prineville. I found the remains of the town but no cemetery. Also looking for ghost towns and pioneer cemeteries in Oregon. Will take any info.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Oregon ghost town

Originally posted by bad bob

:

: : Does anyone know detailed how to's to get to a cemetery in a gone town called Roberts Oregon. It is near Prineville. I found the remains of the town but no cemetery. Also looking for ghost towns and pioneer cemeteries in Oregon. Will take any info.

: Recommend first check the FAQ link at the top of this board. <[:-)

: bb.

Originally posted by Stephen, Ghost Town Photographer

: I have no info re: Roberts Oregon but you might try contacting City Hall in Prineville. These towns in Eastern Oregon which have pioneer cemetarys are: Sumpter, Granite, Whitney. There are most likely others but at this time I have not visited them.

: Stephen

:

: : Does anyone know detailed how to's to get to a cemetery in a gone town called Roberts Oregon. It is near Prineville. I found the remains of the town but no cemetery. Also looking for ghost towns and pioneer cemeteries in Oregon. Will take any info.

Originally posted by Pat

: The cemetery is on a ranch off of road 27 on private property. I am not sure any remains of Roberts actually exist; I saw an article on this a few years ago, in which the searcher got permission to visit the grave of his baby brother. The atlas shows the actual location as being off Salt Creek Road; much of that property is heavily posted and controlled by a hunting club. The cemetery may be closer to the Prineville Reservoir. The next time I find the article I'll update you if there is any more info.

Originally posted by Julie Hendricks

: :
    : : : Does anyone know detailed how to's to get to a cemetery in a gone town called Roberts Oregon. It is near Prineville. I found the remains of the town but no cemetery. Also looking for ghost towns and pioneer cemeteries in Oregon. Will take any info.

: : Recommend first check the FAQ link at the top of this board. <[:-)

: Would this be at the foot of Grizzly Mountain? If so, I can get info. for directions, and I have a few pictures.
    : : bb.

Originally posted by John Arntz

: : I have no info re: Roberts Oregon but you might try contacting City Hall in Prineville. These towns in Eastern Oregon which have pioneer cemetarys are: Sumpter, Granite, Whitney. There are most likely others but at this time I have not visited them.
    : : Stephen

: :
    : : : Does anyone know detailed how to's to get to a cemetery in a gone town called Roberts Oregon. It is near Prineville. I found the remains of the town but no cemetery. Also looking for ghost towns and pioneer cemeteries in Oregon. Will take any info.

:
    : My family owns the land where the town af Roberts and the cemetary are located. Contact me for further information

Thread Information