Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good God, we need an active mod!

Vulture is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Good God, we need an active mod!

Haven't been around much but checking in today I think this forum, which I have great affection for, is much neglected. I checked out "History" & there is 15+ threads with the same name & I think it's all BS. The active user list is full of fake members & I don't know what they are using the forum for. I'm just not comfortable using this forum in it's much neglected state.

This will be my last post unless I see improved maintrenance.

It's just a shame. I remember when this was a gathering place of real explorers with a drive for history & lovers of discovery.

<
    "The good things a person needs-stubbornness, thinking for himself-don't make him a useful member of society. What makes him useful is to be half dead." Sylvan Hart

The spammers are out in force it seems, and I noticed that about the active online users list myself. Hopefully they will get it all taken care of soon.
    Explore Forums Ghost Town and Mining Camp Forums

Create your own ghost town galleries, blogs, forums, discussion, and much more, free.

I agree --the site has had an issue for many weeks that prevents uploading new photos to the regular state ghost town pages. No luck getting it fixed and the webmaster email bounces back too

You may need an active mod but you also need an active admin.
    Someone that can pull and block IP's.

I admin a very large board (IFSJA.org), the most recent bot push came in the first 3 weeks of December.
    Many were beating the captcha system so I moved to manual registration.
    Overall I had to delete over 33K bots that registered.
    Many of these are harmless as they will not get through the email verification steps and be able to post but they can sure clutter up the membership roster.

Hopefully the owner of the site will become active again. Seems it needs some cleaning up.

Create your own ghost town galleries, blogs, forums, discussion, and much more, free.

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

It also doesn't help when the site times out trying to remove the spammers.
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB View Post
    It also doesn't help when the site times out trying to remove the spammers.
    I have had that happen a lot lately when just trying to view topics.

You know.
    If you active theres sometimes soo much going on in your Head you just need to tell everyone,and sometimes not everything fitting in one and the same Treat. Like drinking together and telling Stories.How much BS is often talked

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Thumbs down I give up

I'm pretty much fed up with what's happened to this forum. During the extended period while the forum was down, I tried emailing Todd at several different email addresses, some bounced back, others weren't even responded to. I always received a response when I wrote to Todd in the past so I have to come to the conclusion that 1. he doesn't care anymore or 2. there's illness or some unknown reason he's chosen to not keep the forum up, running and maintained.
    It's a real shame, there's so much valuable information stored on this forum. So many of us have devoted long hours to posting, researching and discussing our common interests.
    I give up.... I guess I'll take up crocheting or knitting.
    Adios Amigos

I just joined the forum. I guess there is an auto filter that blocks new users from posting threads because of spammers, I have no idea how many posts it takes to get to the point where I can. I guess the reason is there because there is nobody watching the forum? Its a shame, I would really like to participate more and post some of the places I've been over the years. At least I can talk in the threads...I haven't heard names like Steins and Vulture City brought up in a LONG time....

Thread Information