Thread: Minersville NE

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Minersville NE

Originally posted by Pat Gray

: Does anybody have directions? I saw on this site, it's in Otoe county.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Minersville NE

Originally posted by KarenSimon

: : Does anybody have directions? I saw on this site, it's in Otoe county.

: Minersville Post Office (historical)
    : Feature Type: post office
    : Description: coordinates approximate
    : History Notes: Opened 12/21/1874 and discontinued 06/13/1888. Reestablished 06/26/1900 and discontinued 02/15/1923.
    : State: Nebraska
    : County: Otoe
    : USGS 7.5' x 7.5' Map: Julian
    : Latitude: 403549N
    : Longitude: 0954720W

Default Minersville No more

I few weeks back me the wife and dogs took a trip out to minersville. Unfortunately there is nothing left. All buildings have been since torn down my the local farmers. I spoke with the people who now own the land and they informed me there has been nothing left for some time now. although it wasnt a total loss...found and abandon house and an old truck outside of union

I don't suppose anyone has a good latitude and longitude for where downtown Minersville used to be?

Hey I think I know that house and truck outside of Union, a friend of mine owns that property, I think anyway.... I live in Union and it's on it's way to being a ghost town or atleast a living ghost town lol

I have been looking at it too. as a place close by. I havent been there yet, but I have been told all the buildings aer gone, they were torn down to make room for corn and beans, it was a pretty good size area. I live about 10 miles form there and plan to go and see if anyone whol ives there, knows where the cemetery is. If you go to Google and type in Minersville Nebraska and use maps and use satelite view, It is south of the OPPD power plant near where the Grain evevators stand.

Thread Information