Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nothing, AZ

Default Nothing, AZ

Never saw Nothing posted on Ghosttown.com so I did a submission the other day:

Mile post 148.5 US93 North. Population of the town is now 0. Apparently the town was abandoned after some sort of fire a couple years ago. There isn't any major civilization for 70 miles in any direction.

Nothing was an odd experiment to create town on the long desolate stretch of US93 between Wickenburg and Kingman. Nothing is located on mile marker 148.5 in the northbound lands of US 93. Nothing now hosts literally "nothing" except a good stopping point for the curious and truckers on the way to Las Vegas. Nothing was founded as Arizona's smallest community in 1977. ADOT once installed a sign at Nothing that read the following:

"Town of Nothing Arizona. Founded 1977. Elevation 3269ft.
    The staunch citizens of Nothing are full of Hope, Faith, and Believe in the work ethic. Thru-the-years-these dedicated people had faith in Nothing, hoped for Nothing, worked at Nothing, for Nothing."

In 2005 Nothing was completely abandoned and by 2008 the gas station began to fall into disrepair. Currently all that remains of Nothing is ironically named "All-Mart" and a couple building foundations. The sign on the All-Mart reads that the population of Nothing is four people, four that are obvious long since moved on. The large "Nothing" sign is actually the remains of the Nothing Rock Shop which the concrete foundations can still be seen. Rumor has it that the town of Nothing was abandoned in 2005 after a grease fire consumed most of it while a resident was cooking a pizza. Nothing is currently for sale but if the I-11 project goes through will likely cease be razed creating an ironic end by literally becoming nothing.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 2005
Size:  79.1 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 2517
Size:  96.4 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 2781
Size:  91.7 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 2357
Size:  85.1 KBName:  5.jpg
Views: 4336
Size:  58.5 KB

That's a lot of information about Nothing ! I didn't know anything about Nothing, but I do now. Thanks for sharing!
    "Life's not about how fast you can blast through it, but how slow you can go."
    matt@experience-az.com | www.experience-az.com

Quote Originally Posted by matt@expaz View Post
    That's a lot of information about Nothing ! I didn't know anything about Nothing, but I do now. Thanks for sharing!
    That has to be the best name for anything in the state except maybe Why. I found this video on Youtube awhile back when Nothing was something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20rfYUWX7og

Great photos and info, thanks for sharing.
    Explore Forums Ghost Town and Mining Camp Forums

Create your own ghost town galleries, blogs, forums, discussion, and much more, free.

Found my old video from Nothing I took about a year and half ago. A good contrast and comparison to the first video I posted when people still lived in Nothing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arRh0...ture=endscreen

Wow3,I never heard of the place.I had no idea it was so recent . That's an odd town name for sure.
    Here in Texas we have a few odd ones too.There's Uncertain, Nameless,Squeezepenny,Dar Buzzard, and Who'd A thought It.And yes,the last was the name of a real town.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyDolly View Post
    Wow3,I never heard of the place.I had no idea it was so recent . That's an odd town name for sure.
    Here in Texas we have a few odd ones too.There's Uncertain, Nameless,Squeezepenny,Dar Buzzard, and Who'd A thought It.And yes,the last was the name of a real town.
    Arizona has some pretty infamous names for towns and former towns. Some of my other favorites include; Why, Santa Claus and Total Wreck.

Heard of Nothing. But never been there. Also know there is a No Where Arizona just can't remember where. LOL

Thanks for sharing those, it truely fits its name, at least for not having life, except those who visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Heard of Nothing. But never been there. Also know there is a No Where Arizona just can't remember where. LOL
    Actually you're not that far in Surprise. Its on mile marker 148.5 on US 93 in the north bound lane about 40 minutes past Wickenburg. I had no idea there was a Nowhere, AZ. lol

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamMc View Post
    Thanks for sharing those, it truely fits its name, at least for not having life, except those who visit.
    I'm trying to get it on the map on the main website, I did a submission about a month ago and (nothing) popped up...but literally. Its too bad though; as weird and rinky **** as Nothing was they seemed to been onto something. The truckers love to stop and park their rigs overnight and the remoteness of the area would have been a welcome site even ten years ago when US 93 was still only two lanes.
    Last edited by El Burro Camaro; 04-30-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Thread Information