Thread: Beginner with ATV

Default Beginner with ATV

My wife and I are now retired and would like to use our atv's to travel to ghost towns in wash and Oregon and. We are haveing trouble finding a source that would give us those towns that would require some off road travel with 4x4 or ATV's. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. We have not interest in just riding a bunch of trails in the woods but would like to use them to travel to places like we did with our Gold wings.

Not sure about ghost towns, but I have found geocaching quite fun with ATV's, especially in out of the way places. I have found many a cool place tracking geocaches. In most cases I will plot a round trip so that we have a destination after each cache. You will need a GPS if yo do not have one yet. Once you enter your zip code it should bring up near by caches. At the top right hit map this location and it will bring up a map with the caches on it. I find it the most useful in making my routes. http://www.geocaching.com/

Another site I find useful is everytrail. A lot of times it goes hand in hand with geocaching. Again a GPS is handy. You can find interesting places just by entering in your zip code. You can also break down the trips by different types of activities, such as hiking, ATV, skiing and such. http://www.everytrail.com/?newUser=true

Hope this helps,
    Last edited by ghcoe; 03-30-2013 at 09:08 PM.
    George
    Boise, ID

Many times when we are out exploring we wish we had an ATV as the Durango just can't make it. I would say, what places can't you get to with an ATV?
    Explore Forums Ghost Town and Mining Camp Forums

Create your own ghost town galleries, blogs, forums, discussion, and much more, free.

jiaopibuy Guest

ゴルフの腕前を上げたい方、特にパッティングが苦手な方に朗報だ。パットの成功度を上げる方法が実験により 証明された。その方法とは、「カップのサイズを実際よりも大きくイメージする」というもの。激安ゴルフクラブ なんとこれだけでパットの精度が10パーセントは上がるというのだ。

米パデュー大学のジェシカ・ウィット教授は、視覚から得た情報が運動時のパフォーマンス能力にどのような影 響を与えるのか研究を行った。実験では、大きさの異なる二つのカップを用意し、プロジェクターによって目の 錯覚を起こさせる仕掛けを施した。実際は大きいほうのカップが錯覚によって小さく見え、小さいカップのほう が大きく見えるようになっている。そして、36人の被験者たちにそれぞれパッティングをしてもらい成功度を 調べた。すると、実際の大きさに関わらず、大きく見えるカップを狙ってパッティングしたときのほうが成功率 は10パーセント高かったという。

教授によると、「パットを打つ前に、実際よりも大きいカップを認識させるだけで成功率が上がりました。周囲 の物事をどのように認識するかによって、その後の行動や成果に異なった影響があるということはすでに明らか になっています。この現象を利用することで実力以上の成果をあげることもできるのです」とのこ と。

ピンi20アイアン
    ピンi20
    i20アイアン

Thread Information