Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Board is Getting Cluttered...

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default This Board is Getting Cluttered...

Originally posted by Ron Johnson

: with posts from people wanting something, usually information, much of which they can obtain themselves with a minimum of thought and effort. Much information is available on the internet. You just have to find it, that's all do a search. Why is that so difficukt?

: So many takers, few contributors...

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: This Board is Getting Cluttered...

Originally posted by yubagold

: take a look at the paragraph on top of the page. This is a forum where people can ask questions. if you do not care enough about helping other ghost towners or those interested in learning more, than maybe you should not be here.

Originally posted by Cecile

: Scroll down and you'll see many of us offer information about our websites where you can get further stories and info about places to go and their histories. Some of us even announce events where you can go out and explore with us. And if we do have questions ghost town related this seems to me to be the place to go for an answer. What clutters the board is the non-related ghost town stuff - those ads that have absolutely nothing to do with anything here - I don't know how they keep showing up, but I wish they were removed.

: Ron, if you have anything valuable about a ghost town and it's history, we'd be happy to have you post it here. And if you have a question,if any of us know the answer, we'll help you with it. That's what this forum is all about. What were you expecting to see?

Originally posted by kathy

: I like this website. It's one of my favorite
    : bookmarks. I stop by every day. There are some
    : good suggestions and helpful information to be
    : found here...... my $.02 worth!!!

Originally posted by Johnnie

: : with posts from people wanting something, usually information, much of which they can obtain themselves with a minimum of thought and effort. Much information is available on the internet. You just have to find it, that's all do a search. Why is that so difficukt?

: : So many takers, few contributors...

: I agree with my fellow ghostowners comments, we can't control who comes and go's and dont'contribute. But those of us that love the old west and love visiting these old mining camps and enjoy reading about the pioneers that built them will keep this web-site alive and well.

: Johnnie

Originally posted by Ryan J. Hill.

: I think that you'll find that folks who come here to ask questions, want to find those on a more personal, or experienced level who might have the answers, a quality of life that can't be found on any internet search engine. And those who may know the answer, don't mind folks asking them. So let the board become cluttered....'cause folks need answers everyday, in every way. In the first place Ron, didn't you ask a simple question? Which required minimum thought and effort? Look who's cluttering the board now!!!

Originally posted by Ryan J. Hill.

: : I think that you'll find that folks who come here to ask questions, want to find those on a more personal, or experienced level who might have the answers, a quality of life that can't be found on any internet search engine. And those who may know the answer, don't mind folks asking them. So let the board become cluttered....'cause folks need answers everyday, in every way. In the first place Ron, didn't you ask a simple question? Which required minimum thought and effort? Look who's cluttering the board now!!!

Default Ditto

Originally posted by Yet Another Bob

: I too like this website. I try to stop by daily and try to offer advice where I have something to add. It is interesting what you can learn and the neat people you meet here! The only clutter I find here are the "get rich quick" scams and the Web-people are pretty good at dealing with them. Do miss reading Bad Bob's comments and some of the old friends who have disappeard into the woodwork.
    :
    : : good suggestions and helpful information to be
    : : found here...... my $.02 worth!!!

Default Re: Ditto

: : I too like this website. I try to stop by daily and try to offer advice where I have something to add. It is interesting what you can learn and the neat people you meet here! The only clutter I find here are the "get rich quick" scams and the Web-people are pretty good at dealing with them. Do miss reading Bad Bob's comments and some of the old friends who have disappeard into the woodwork.

:
    : Great to hear from you! and your comments Bob.

: :
    : : : good suggestions and helpful information to be
    : : : found here...... my $.02 worth!!!

Default Re: Ditto

: : I too like this website. I try to stop by daily and try to offer advice where I have something to add. It is interesting what you can learn and the neat people you meet here! The only clutter I find here are the "get rich quick" scams and the Web-people are pretty good at dealing with them. Do miss reading Bad Bob's comments and some of the old friends who have disappeard into the woodwork.

:
    : Great to hear from you! and your comments Bob.

: :
    : : : good suggestions and helpful information to be
    : : : found here...... my $.02 worth!!!

Thread Information