Thread: For TOM1SS

Vulture is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default For TOM1SS

I tried to put up some great old posts, but the forum doesn't copy/paste old post links. Too bad. I guess only new posts can be put up.

Well Tom, it's nice to see new blood trying to reenergize the forum, but it's beating a dead horse.

Glad to see you exploring the west looking into the old places.

As far as I know there is no active site/forum for this anymore. Just a sign of the times. We old explorers are truly dinosaurs.

<
    Last edited by Vulture; 03-28-2013 at 08:41 PM.
    "The good things a person needs-stubbornness, thinking for himself-don't make him a useful member of society. What makes him useful is to be half dead." Sylvan Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Vulture View Post
    I tried to put up some great old posts, but the forum doesn't copy/paste old post links. Too bad. I guess only new posts can be put up.

Well Tom, it's nice to see new blood trying to reenergize the forum, but it's beating a dead horse.

Glad to see you exploring the west looking into the old places.

As far as I know there is no active site/forum for this anymore. Just a sign of the times. We old explorers are truly dinosaurs.

<
    That's the catch twenty two, basically this all a copy and paste job of materials I already have. I've noticed that the forum seems to have little or no activity compared to its heyday (literal ghost forum?) but at least its still linked on the main site. At very least people who are interested in seeing the ghost towns or historical sites here or will run into these places and posts as they pass by. I actually have about twenty pages and 700 photos from material from Route 66 I'm drafting a book on, don't know when and if I'll ever finish it but just like these other places its a labor of love.

On other side of the coin, I'm almost done with my available material. Sometimes I get a random moderator approval notice, it got my Amboy, CA album with one of those. I guess they will appear when they get released by a mod.

TOMS1SS-

Thank you for taking the time to post your info and pictures of the different Ghost Towns where you have been. I've enjoyed learning about those places.

I'm looking forward to more posts.

John

Thread Information