Thread: Frequent posters now must have their posts approved?

Default Frequent posters now must have their posts approved?

I have posted quite often on this site in the past. Last week I added text and photos together for another post. When I submitted the entry, a pop-up window came up and told me that the post would have to be approved by a moderator. Not having had that ever happen before, I thought that it might be a mistake, but I have waited for a week and nothing happened. I thought maybe I had done something wrong and so I submitted the same information again. The same window popped up. So now there is a double posting sitting out there somewhere. I have always really enjoyed participating on this site, but it is getting to be too frustrating.......

Ernie

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

post moderation was turned off back in January - can you try again and post a picture of what you are seeing and in what forum - thx

Thank you for your quick response. I was posting under the "History of Ghost Towns and Historical Sites" forum. Both postings have just appeared. One is time-stamped 2 days ago and the other 3 hours ago. I don't think that I would have been able to capture a screen shot. The small window with the notification that the post would have to be approved by a moderator only appeared for a few seconds each time and then was gone.

Ernie

I once again have tried to post a report under the History of Historical Sites forum and once again got the pop-up window that said that the post would have to be approved by an administrator. The last time that this happened, I didn't understand what was going on and re-posted---ending up with a double post when things finally appeared........Am I the only one having this problem?

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I dont know why you are getting that. The entire forums have been reinstalled from scratch and there are no moderation settings set at all - its all Q&A at this point. Hoping its not a caching issue on your computer...

Thread Information