Thread: Happy Holidays

Default Happy Holidays

Hello Fellows Ghosttowners.

I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. The few of us old timers from a few years ago used to always send out greatings every year. I'm hopeing that will catch there eye to and help encourage them to come even if Brian2X has ran out of Smart A__ remarks.If your a member let us all know whats up and if your not join. This site has alot of info on it and would love to see more. If your a member you can also download pictures. If want to post a new GT not on the GTs map you can do that to can include pictures. Just contact a moderator and they can help. I believe GaryB is still one, He's been here since the begining. This site used to be the best of all Ghosttown sites a I still think it is. Don' be afraid join now and lets start having fun. If you don't go to the back country but have a passion for our Heritage , you could have info and old pictures{new ones to} please join.

Thanks for listeng to one of the old timers
    teds280z
    I'm not a Republican
    I'm not a Democrat
    I'm an American

and I want my Country back

Quote Originally Posted by teds280z View Post
    Hello Fellows Ghosttowners.

I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. The few of us old timers from a few years ago used to always send out greatings every year. I'm hopeing that will catch there eye to and help encourage them to come even if Brian2X has ran out of Smart A__ remarks.If your a member let us all know whats up and if your not join. This site has alot of info on it and would love to see more. If your a member you can also download pictures. If want to post a new GT not on the GTs map you can do that to can include pictures. Just contact a moderator and they can help. I believe GaryB is still one, He's been here since the begining. This site used to be the best of all Ghosttown sites a I still think it is. Don' be afraid join now and lets start having fun. If you don't go to the back country but have a passion for our Heritage , you could have info and old pictures{new ones to} please join.

Thanks for listeng to one of the old timers
    teds280z
    Hey,
    Merry Christmas to you as well.
    I added about 3 towns to the GT site quite a while ago using the normal way on the website. I haven't seen them up or Is that not the way to do it anymore???
    We're still out here checking in on the site periodically. Plus, there are a number of novice GT'ers that have just discovered the old website here in Florida that are rabid with the GT fever, using it as a reference. They facebook me constantly. Sure would like to resurect the old site for these newbies.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Woodfin View Post
    Hey,
    Merry Christmas to you as well.
    I added about 3 towns to the GT site quite a while ago using the normal way on the website. I haven't seen them up or Is that not the way to do it anymore???
    We're still out here checking in on the site periodically. Plus, there are a number of novice GT'ers that have just discovered the old website here in Florida that are rabid with the GT fever, using it as a reference. They facebook me constantly. Sure would like to resurect the old site for these newbies.
    Mike
    I've added three myself and they took awhile to be uploaded but were eventually. Ironically a couple of them were for Florida which I found this past year after moving here. Personally I would like to see Florida covered with County maps like a lot of the western states are. There are several hundred ghost towns out this way, by far the most on the east coast.
    Last edited by El Burro Camaro; 12-26-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Default holiday :)

merry and happy.

I have a number of updates and new locations and would be adding them to the Florida page if the site uploaded them, even within a few months. I submitted new places and pictures of existing ones over a year ago and they're still not on. I think it would work much better if the user had the ability to add photos and content and upload it themselves like other information networking sites allow. This would also cut down the work of a moderator tremendously. They way it is now is like tossing things into a black hole.

Thread Information