Thread: Current State of locations in TX - Best for Photography?

Default Current State of locations in TX - Best for Photography?

Hello, All

I am new to your forum and am a professional real estate photographer with a fascination and desire to photograph old abandoned towns, buildings, cars, farm equipment.....otherwise known as "rural decay".
    I'm also part of a newly formed camera club in the Ft. Worth TX area. There are a number of people who love the chance at capturing our history and past that ghost towns can offer, but we could use this forums' input for recommendations.
    If you could recommend what you feel would offer the most and the best for photo opportunities, it would be most appreciated.

My husband and I would also appreciate other "best" ghost towns we could travel and see, as we have purchased a new RV and plan to travel soon, thank you in advance!

Karen and her "Kamera"

Quote Originally Posted by Karen4eyez View Post
    Hello, All

I am new to your forum and am a professional real estate photographer with a fascination and desire to photograph old abandoned towns, buildings, cars, farm equipment.....otherwise known as "rural decay".
    I'm also part of a newly formed camera club in the Ft. Worth TX area. There are a number of people who love the chance at capturing our history and past that ghost towns can offer, but we could use this forums' input for recommendations.
    If you could recommend what you feel would offer the most and the best for photo opportunities, it would be most appreciated.

My husband and I would also appreciate other "best" ghost towns we could travel and see, as we have purchased a new RV and plan to travel soon, thank you in advance!

Karen and her "Kamera"
    I have not spent a lot of time exploring Texas however, I did locate and explore *** Hill and found it fascinating that the downtown was still there. Sort of.

I love traveling and exploring ghost towns.
    Here are some my recent photos from several Texas ghost towns in my blog: http://photography-tx.blogspot.com/2...ependence.html
    http://photography-tx.blogspot.com/2...ost-towns.html
    So far I have not found any completely desolate place with totally abandoned buildings, old rusted cars, etc. I would definitely like to find such a place. But I am not sure if it exists in Texas. All the ghost towns I visited have some presence of people.

Thread Information