Thread: Ghost Towns near Austin or San Antonio

Smile Ghost Towns near Austin or San Antonio

Hi guys, I wanna know if there are any nice host towns near Austin, Waco, or San Antonio…
    This is my first post here on this site, I have however been visiting since about 2006 and am a huge fan…I really wish the old intro song came back though, it used to show up in my dreams sometimes hahaha
    Last edited by metalmenshevik; 03-20-2014 at 04:38 PM.

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by metalmenshevik View Post
    Hi guys, I wanna know if there are any nice host towns near Austin, Waco, or San Antonio…
    This is my first post here on this site, I have however been visiting since about 2006 and am a huge fan…I really wish the old intro song came back though, it used to show up in my dreams sometimes hahaha

At the top of the page, pull down the "select a state" menu and check out the Texas page. Looks like a gazillion of 'em in both grids 3 and 5.
    I like the banjo music too.

Ok, and how do I become a more active member of this forum, it seems kind of confusing to navigate...

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by metalmenshevik View Post
    Ok, and how do I become a more active member of this forum, it seems kind of confusing to navigate...

Well mms, you've posed 2 fine questions. I reckon the first part depends on your interests. You can explore ghost towns, taking photos along the way & making notes so you don't forget which photo goes to which town (or site). When you get home, you can then sort thru and post all the ones you like in the form of a report on your excursion. Some gt'ers are using gps tech to find more difficult locations, and send coordinates by PM to those who ask. With the scourge of vandals these days, it's better not to post exact locations or directions for public use. Or you can just be more active by posting more in here, without going anywhere.

For the 2nd part, you'd have to explain what navigation issues are confusing to you. Also, there's a FAQ link at the top of this page which may be of some help.

Thread Information