Hello,

This is going to be a bit of a long story, but I've got to start somewhere and am looking for help.

I'm a 30 year old guy from Holland and about 4 years ago I got engaged to a girl in New Jersey. Back then we'd often cruise through the country, and sometimes her parents would show me the countryside as well. One day they told me they were going to take a drive and we wound up visiting a ghosttown. I used to have pictures of it, but sadly I lost those when I lost my phone back then as well. Flash-forward to nowadays; I'm no longer engaged and all contact between me and her is gone, including that with her parents. Meaning; I can't ask them for help.

I have looked through all pages related to your ghost towns in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York and Delaware but can't seem to find the town I've been to. My memory might trick me but here's what I think I do remember;

• We left from a place close to Newark, New Jersey and then drove to the Delaware river. I think this was a two hour drive
  • It was a town partially located in a forest.
  • It had a few houses (still having residents or at least people in there looking at us from behind the window)
  • No cars located near the houses but there was a parking nearby where a few cars were parked.
  • A few sheds with open carriages in them.
  • A lot of ancient farming equipment which either seemed to be on display or was just spread around the forest.
  • No horses or any other animals, which I thought was really strange back then as those carriages needed to moved around, right?
  • It was very tidy, meaning that the lawn seemed to be mown about every few days
  • There did some to be some electricity there but can't remember if there were any electricity lines there.
  • It was very sunny that day, a thing I'm mentioning because the weather is mentioned on the website as well.
  • No streets but just a lot of open fields.
  • No ruins of anything. All houses/cabins seemed to be in good condition
  • No shops, nothing.
  • There was a small house/cabin in the forest that showed someone was keeping up maintenance as it had tools and paperwork laid out.
  • There also was a large wooden white church where they still held services as Bibles were still laid out on the wooden benches. I'm not religious but thought the building was stunning.
  • I vaguely remember a waterfall being close by, but can't remember if that was actually near the ghost town or a couple of miles further down the road.

I am aware considering how many ghost towns there are in the U.S.A. that this might point out to any town out there, but like I said; I got to start somewhere.

The reason why I'd like to know where this was is because ghost towns have always fascinated me. There really aren't any towns like these in Western Europe and my ignorant *** thought America wouldn't have any of these either, I thought they were a thing of the past. If people ask me what the highlights of my visits to America have been I often think about this stuff, yet it can't really explained - you've got to experience walking around one to really feel what it's like. It certainly surprised me how much I loved this quiet place and I'd love to find some pictures of it again.

I hope you can help me with this, or point me in the right direction. Many thanks in advance,

Sebastiaan