Thread: What app can I use?

Default What app can I use?

Okay so I don't use a traditional car GPS. I use Google Maps. I was wondering if there's an app that lists and then locates Ghost towns near me on Google Maps. Anyone know of any like this?

If not, maybe I should create one....would you be interested?

Quote Originally Posted by hangeremerald View Post
    Okay so I don't use a traditional car GPS. I use Google Maps. I was wondering if there's an app that lists and then locates Ghost towns near me on Google Maps. Anyone know of any like this?

If not, maybe I should create one....would you be interested?
    Definitely! You might think about expanding the parameters a bit like include abandoned towns, historical towns, "old" civilization towns? Otherwise, your app will be too limited and will only have us here in Ghost Towns forum as your patrons.

Quote Originally Posted by bdukes2962 View Post
    Definitely! You might think about expanding the parameters a bit like include abandoned towns, historical towns, "old" civilization towns? Otherwise, your app will be too limited and will only have us here in Ghost Towns forum as your patrons.

So, I'm assuming by you saying that you don't know of any that already exist and are on board with the idea of me making/creating one lol. Of course I would add more to it than just locating things on Google maps but I definitely want it to be integrated with Google Maps or whatever navigational app the users use. If you have any more ideas specific to this, the program I'm using has a free version you can check them out here. There's room enough for 2 apps for this lol. Don't worry I'm not afraid of a little competition.

Quote Originally Posted by hangeremerald View Post
    Of course I would add more to it than just locating things on Google maps but I definitely want it to be integrated with Google Maps or whatever navigational app the users use. If you have any more ideas specific to this, the program I'm using has a free version you can check them out here. There's room enough for 2 apps for this lol. Don't worry I'm not afraid of a little competition.
    Good! Let me know if you need someone to critique your work I'm definitely interested and available

I've been thinking of building and app like this also. I'd be interested in seeing some else's version.
    Pacific Northwest Ghost Town Travel Blog: http://pnwphotoblog.com/ghost-towns/
    Ghost Town Map: http://ghosttownmap.com/

Thread Information