Thread: Make-Up Trip

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Make-Up Trip

Originally posted by Coach Bodie

: Texas Jess and I will be joined by our pal Ritz for a make up trip this coming weekend. While on the Memorial Day 2001 tour I contracted food poisoning and was in a practical coma in Rhyolite, Goldfield, Tonopah, Benton and Bodie. I slept for 12 & 1/2 hours after Bodie and missed the traditional dinner at the Brideport Inn.

: We will be hitting all the places I was to ill to see!

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Make-Up Trip

Originally posted by kathy

: Please check out the Mitzpah Hotel in Tonopah. We
    : spent 2 nights there several years ago. I'm wondering if
    : it's still open for business. Please report back.
    : Thanks

Default Re: Make-Up Trip

: As always...had a heck of a trip.

: We left the Bay Area around 7:00 PM on Friday and pulled an all-nighter to. We arrived in Rhyolite around 6:00 AM on Saturday. After checking out the town we heaed back up 95 to Goldfield and Tonopah.

: After Tonopah we headed through Benton to Bodie. We reached Bodie around 3:00 and were able to spend an hour or so there.

: I was working on 1/2 hour of sleep, Texas Jess had about an hour and Ritz must've had at least 8 hours!!!

: After Bodie we took the old road to Bridgeport and had dinner at the Bridgeport Inn. Jess and I crashed early due to our lack of sleep. I had that 1/2 hour sleep over a 38 hour period. I was determined to see the sights after missing them when I was ill during the Memorial Day Trip!!!Ritz had a tough time sleeping because he slept so much!!!

: It was Ritz's 1st time on a Ghost Town Trip!!! I think he's Hooked!!!

:
    : ?Black Diamond Bag?

:
    : : Texas Jess and I will be joined by our pal Ritz for a make up trip this coming weekend. While on the Memorial Day 2001 tour I contracted food poisoning and was in a practical coma in Rhyolite, Goldfield, Tonopah, Benton and Bodie. I slept for 12 & 1/2 hours after Bodie and missed the traditional dinner at the Brideport Inn.

: : We will be hitting all the places I was to ill to see!

Default Re: Make-Up Trip..RE Kathy/Mizpah!

: Kathy,

: Much to my dismay, we stopped in Tonopah to mainly check out the Mizpah and found it was closed! It is plastered with signs referring to a grand re-opening, but there was no date.

: It shouldn't surprise me too much. It seems like every place in Tonopah was either closed or for sale!

: : Please check out the Mitzpah Hotel in Tonopah. We
    : : spent 2 nights there several years ago. I'm wondering if
    : : it's still open for business. Please report back.
    : : Thanks

Thread Information