Thread: Canyon Diablo

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Canyon Diablo

Originally posted by Harry

: Anyone out there been to the ghost town of Canyon Diablo in Arizona? It's between Flagstaff and Winslow. There's a great article with pictures in the January 2002 edition of the "Tombstone Epitaph."

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Canyon Diablo

: : Anyone out there been to the ghost town of Canyon Diablo in Arizona? It's between Flagstaff and Winslow. There's a great article with pictures in the January 2002 edition of the "Tombstone Epitaph."

: I am going to try to submit a picture of one of the building in Canyon Diablo. If it doesn't work, they can be viewed at www.eschwege.de/wyatt-earp/ under Pictures 4 (first click on the American Flag)

: : : Anyone out there been to the ghost town of Canyon Diablo in Arizona? It's between Flagstaff and Winslow. There's a great article with pictures in the January 2002 edition of the "Tombstone Epitaph."

: : I am going to try to submit a picture of one of the building in Canyon Diablo. If it doesn't work, they can be viewed at www.eschwege.de/wyatt-earp/ under Pictures 4 (first click on the American Flag)

: Here is another pic of Canyon Diablo (the ghost town).

: : Anyone out there been to the ghost town of Canyon Diablo in Arizona? It's between Flagstaff and Winslow. There's a great article with pictures in the January 2002 edition of the "Tombstone Epitaph."

: Thought I'd add another picture.

Originally posted by ghosttowns.com

: yep, been there many times - not hard to miss being right on the interstate! An interesting place.

: : : Anyone out there been to the ghost town of Canyon Diablo in Arizona? It's between Flagstaff and Winslow. There's a great article with pictures in the January 2002 edition of the "Tombstone Epitaph."

: : yep, been there many times - not hard to miss being right on the interstate! An interesting place.

: Actually, it's about 3 miles north of the Two Guns exit over some pretty rough terrain, and you certainly can't see it from the interstate. You do need a 4x4 to get there, although I was there in a Pontiac sedan and I was afraid I was going to lose the oil pan!!

Originally posted by ghosttowns.com

: : : : Anyone out there been to the ghost town of Canyon Diablo in Arizona? It's between Flagstaff and Winslow. There's a great article with pictures in the January 2002 edition of the "Tombstone Epitaph."

: : : yep, been there many times - not hard to miss being right on the interstate! An interesting place.

: : Actually, it's about 3 miles north of the Two Guns exit over some pretty rough terrain, and you certainly can't see it from the interstate. You do need a 4x4 to get there, although I was there in a Pontiac sedan and I was afraid I was going to lose the oil pan!!

:
    : ahh yes, you are right, two guns is on I-40 and canyon diablo is just north - great place to visit but you do need that 4x4 or a good pair of shoes.

Originally posted by Larry

: : yep, been there many times - not hard to miss being right on the interstate! An interesting place.

: This place is also a great train watching location being right on the BNSF main line. There is also a ctc siding there and at one time there was some overhead switch heaters in place
    : to keep the dual control switches from getting
    : snowed in. If visiting this area be sure and check out the ole railroad depot in winslow az that is now a bed and breakfast in the ole harvey
    : house portion of the depot.

Default Orchard Park

: Yes indeed this was a pow camp during ww2 for german pow's. I remember going there back in the
    : 1950's and some of the buildings were still standing at that time. Today I have a hard time
    : finding this place as there are no standing landmarks there now. I still remember the weiry
    : feeling of visiting this place as a child and wondering who and what kind of people were imprisoned there.
    : Larry

Thread Information