Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eastern California Rally?

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Eastern California Rally?

Originally posted by Rob

: There seems to be quite a few of us who have posted recently about our interest in exploring eastern California together. Is anyone interested in organizing a rally, or a weekend get together?
    : Rob

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Eastern California Rally?

Originally posted by Ross Garcia

: Hey Rob what part of California are you thinking about having a rally in?
    : : There seems to be quite a few of us who have posted recently about our interest in exploring eastern California together. Is anyone interested in organizing a rally, or a weekend get together?
    : : Rob

Originally posted by Cat Evans

: : Hey Rob what part of California are you thinking about having a rally in?
    : : : There seems to be quite a few of us who have posted recently about our interest in exploring eastern California together. Is anyone interested in organizing a rally, or a weekend get together?
    : : : Rob

: Rob,
    : That sounds like a GREAT idea! But winter is already kicking in, and it might be a good idea to wait until this coming spring or summer! I would, most definitley, help organize! I live in Mammoth, and even run a condo rental office and can work some killer deals for people not interested in camping.
    : Tell me what you think, and then we can merge minds!
    : -Cat and Ripley

Originally posted by Rob

:
    : : : Hey Rob what part of California are you thinking about having a rally in?
    : : : : There seems to be quite a few of us who have posted recently about our interest in exploring eastern California together. Is anyone interested in organizing a rally, or a weekend get together?
    : : : : Rob

: : Rob,
    : : That sounds like a GREAT idea! But winter is already kicking in, and it might be a good idea to wait until this coming spring or summer! I would, most definitley, help organize! I live in Mammoth, and even run a condo rental office and can work some killer deals for people not interested in camping.
    : : Tell me what you think, and then we can merge minds!
    : : -Cat and Ripley
    : Cat, I was thinking late Spring would be a good time to do it. Mammoth lakes would be a great home base to do our eploring from. I was hoping the organizers of this web site might be interested in organizing an official rally in the area.
    : BTW, my extended family spends a week in Mammoth every summer. We may have to get in touch with you for one of your "killer" condo deals.
    : Rob

Originally posted by Cat and Ripley

: :
    : : : : Hey Rob what part of California are you thinking about having a rally in?
    : : : : : There seems to be quite a few of us who have posted recently about our interest in exploring eastern California together. Is anyone interested in organizing a rally, or a weekend get together?
    : : : : : Rob

: : : Rob,
    : : : That sounds like a GREAT idea! But winter is already kicking in, and it might be a good idea to wait until this coming spring or summer! I would, most definitley, help organize! I live in Mammoth, and even run a condo rental office and can work some killer deals for people not interested in camping.
    : : : Tell me what you think, and then we can merge minds!
    : : : -Cat and Ripley
    : : Cat, I was thinking late Spring would be a good time to do it. Mammoth lakes would be a great home base to do our eploring from. I was hoping the organizers of this web site might be interested in organizing an official rally in the area.
    : : BTW, my extended family spends a week in Mammoth every summer. We may have to get in touch with you for one of your "killer" condo deals.
    : Rob,
    : Spring would be PERFECT as long as we actually get a spring this coming year (it snowed through June 97')! As it gets closer we can figure out the details but in the meantime lets get ahold of Todd and Bob(?) about making it one of the officail rallies! I would imagine a California rally would go over really well! I know a TON of people that would be interested! CANT WAIT and neither can Ripley!
    : -Cat

Originally posted by David A. Wright

: : :
    : : : : : Hey Rob what part of California are you thinking about having a rally in?
    : : : : : : There seems to be quite a few of us who have posted recently about our interest in exploring eastern California together. Is anyone interested in organizing a rally, or a weekend get together?
    : : : : : : Rob

: : : : Rob,
    : : : : That sounds like a GREAT idea! But winter is already kicking in, and it might be a good idea to wait until this coming spring or summer! I would, most definitley, help organize! I live in Mammoth, and even run a condo rental office and can work some killer deals for people not interested in camping.
    : : : : Tell me what you think, and then we can merge minds!
    : : : : -Cat and Ripley
    : : : Cat, I was thinking late Spring would be a good time to do it. Mammoth lakes would be a great home base to do our eploring from. I was hoping the organizers of this web site might be interested in organizing an official rally in the area.
    : : : BTW, my extended family spends a week in Mammoth every summer. We may have to get in touch with you for one of your "killer" condo deals.
    : : : Rob
    : : Rob,
    : : Spring would be PERFECT as long as we actually get a spring this coming year (it snowed through June 97')! As it gets closer we can figure out the details but in the meantime lets get ahold of Todd and Bob(?) about making it one of the officail rallies! I would imagine a California rally would go over really well! I know a TON of people that would be interested! CANT WAIT and neither can Ripley!
    : : -Cat

:
    : Why not Death Valley / Mojave Desert this winter? I live in Big Pine and know many of the ghost towns in the region (I have many photos in the DV sites). Anywhere under 7,000 feet should be fine as long as the weather is not stormy.

Originally posted by Rob

:
    : : : :
    : : : : : : Hey Rob what part of California are you thinking about having a rally in?
    : : : : : : : There seems to be quite a few of us who have posted recently about our interest in exploring eastern California together. Is anyone interested in organizing a rally, or a weekend get together?
    : : : : : : : Rob

: : : : : Rob,
    : : : : : That sounds like a GREAT idea! But winter is already kicking in, and it might be a good idea to wait until this coming spring or summer! I would, most definitley, help organize! I live in Mammoth, and even run a condo rental office and can work some killer deals for people not interested in camping.
    : : : : : Tell me what you think, and then we can merge minds!
    : : : : : -Cat and Ripley
    : : : : Cat, I was thinking late Spring would be a good time to do it. Mammoth lakes would be a great home base to do our eploring from. I was hoping the organizers of this web site might be interested in organizing an official rally in the area.
    : : : : BTW, my extended family spends a week in Mammoth every summer. We may have to get in touch with you for one of your "killer" condo deals.
    : : : : Rob
    : : : Rob,
    : : : Spring would be PERFECT as long as we actually get a spring this coming year (it snowed through June 97')! As it gets closer we can figure out the details but in the meantime lets get ahold of Todd and Bob(?) about making it one of the officail rallies! I would imagine a California rally would go over really well! I know a TON of people that would be interested! CANT WAIT and neither can Ripley!
    : : : -Cat

: :
    : : Why not Death Valley / Mojave Desert this winter? I live in Big Pine and know many of the ghost towns in the region (I have many photos in the DV sites). Anywhere under 7,000 feet should be fine as long as the weather is not stormy.
    : Cat, that sounds good. David, I am up for a winter rally in the desert also...

Default Todd Underwood where are you?

Originally posted by Rob

: Todd, please scroll down to and read the subject "Eastern California Rally", if you haven't allready.
    : Quite a few of us are hoping you would be interested in organizing an Eastern California rally sometime next spring.

Originally posted by Brent Caldon

: : There seems to be quite a few of us who have posted recently about our interest in exploring eastern California together. Is anyone interested in organizing a rally, or a weekend get together?

: If any dates are set, let me know. Winter in the desert, or spring in the sierras. By the way I tried going to Bodie last April and the paved part of the road was plowed, but it was like driving through a canyon the snow on either side was as tall as my truck (about 6 1/2 feet)
    : Brent

Originally posted by Ralph and Kristen

: Rob: would like to join you, where and when. FYI
    : If anybody is interested in organizing a rally in the Cotopaxi, Co.(between Salida Co, & Cannon City Co),
    : a good friend of ours owns a great campsite with great facilities, Jim is an
    : outfitter,and will be able to take us on some great ghosttowns either by
    : hiking or horseback. I will get back to everyone with Jim's e-mail. KRT

Thread Information